Hola Hermana Nielsen,
Here we are in 2015. I can't believe it. I don't know where 2014 went, but it disappeared very rapidly. We had a nice quiet new years. Mom and I fell asleep in the family room and woke up around 12:30 am to wish each other a happy new year and went to bed. It was a quiet non-eventful evening. Cody had a team get together and then he went over to the Gouldings for a white elephant exchange. I worked all the days except for new years day and Friday. We were thinking about going to South Tahoe to watch Cody play, but we could not find anybody to watch Chica. So we just stayed home.
Cody played in South Tahoe on Friday and they were behind by 1 point at half time and then went on to win by 20 points. Cody did not have any points on Friday. He only shot a couple times. Saturday, they played Dayton at Dayton and beat them by 30 points. Cody was 2nd high scorer with 8 points, Nate had 14 points and was high scorer. Cody did not play at all in the 2nd or 4th quarters. Everyone got to play on the team as they were ahead by a bunch the entire game. Marshall Dumas has 20 points on Friday and that was a career high for him. Cody got home around 9:30pm that night. The elko girls also won both games, so both teams are undefeated in league play so far.
On Saturday, mom and I cleaned and dusted the entire living room. We pulled everything out and cleaned it from corner to corner. Addie had your ipod and now we can't find it, so we are turning the house upside down to find it. Next we will clean Amber's room and then your room.
The kids all go back to school tomorrow. Amber went back to BYUI on Thursday. It was great having her around for a few days, although our sleeping schedule got thrown all out of whack. Things will be back to normal this week. I go to Winnemucca tomorrow for work and then to Pahrump on wed, thurs. and Friday. Elko plays spring creek this Tuesday and also has home games this weekend.
We are excited for the year 2015. To get one missionary back home and send another one out. We love you and know you are doing the most important thing possible at this point in your life. Enjoy every minute. Mom and I were looking at missionary opportunities for elderly couples and we can't wait until we can serve the Lord again full-time. This is a very special time in your life.
Tell Hermana Bott Hola for us. We are happy you two get to spend another cambio juntas. Que Dios les bendiga en todo.
Con mucho amor,
Dad
Dearest Hermanita Nielsen,
Well, Christmas Break is over and now we are starting back to the school schedule this morning. It was a nice change, and now we are recharged and ready move ahead with 2015. Cody said yesterday,"I'm almost done with high school". The second half of the school year always seems to fly and then he will be graduating before we know it and Hermana (that's how we refer to you around here)will be coming home. 2015 will be quite a memorable year I think.
Last week Amber, Carly and Adelaide and I went after Christmas shopping, to hit the sales and return some things. Summer did not want to go. She is so much like Chelsea in that she does not like to shop. We were gone for 4 hours and she stayed home and read--even more evidence. Now Carly is a shopper and even Adelaide was really good for how long we were gone. We went to Marshalls (new store here and it's great). Amber got a gift card for Christmas and had some grandma Christmas $. The little girls had Christmas money and they had fun picking out stuff. Addie got a "Frozen" t-shirt.
We had a pretty low key New Years. What do they do in Peru to celebrate? Cody had to go to a team dinner and then he was invited to the Gouldings for a white elephant gift party which he didn't get home until after midnight. Dad and I fell asleep on the couch and woke up about 12:15am....happy new year! Oh, funny story--one night last week, Amber and I were talking and and the TV was on and Dad was asleep in the rocking chair and Dad says, "There's Sharon!" Amber and I look at the TV and then at Dad and we realize that he's talking in his sleep. Then a few minutes later he says, "Listen!" in that tone that he says when we are talking and not paying attention to FHE or scrips. We just laughed, we told him about it the next day and he didn't remember a thing.
Amber left to go back to Rexburg on New Years Day. We played our annual 7 or 11 game that morning after breakfast and that was fun, then she took off. It was a wonderful 2 weeks of just talking, fun, and not having anything really scheduled.
Cody had games is So.Tahoe and Dayton. We thought about going over and attending, but we couldn't find anyone to watch Chica, so we just listened on the radio. We won both easily. It was OK we stayed home and CLEANED. It was great.
I had a little mishap a few days ago. I was going out the front door and slipped on some ice that was on the front steps and hit flat on my lower back on the step and then I think I bumped down one more. It hurt! I got up though and hobbled over to Dad, who was outside already and he could tell I was in pain. Apparently, our rain gutter over the steps is full of leaves and there was a layer of ice over that and then the sun was hitting it causing it to drip and when it hit the cold steps it immediately froze into a slick little sheet of killer ice. Dad got the ladder out and tried to clean it out. I'm still feeling it-- bending over is very slow and it hurts.
We play Spring Creek this week in BBall. I think the girls have a good chance this year against them. They don't seem to have the potency this year. But, its SC, you never know what will happen.
Have a super week, I love you so much, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment