Sunday, August 23, 2015

No luck on my antelope hunt

 Hola Elder Nielsen,


Well, I blinked and there went another week.  This was really busy.  I have been working until about 7 as we are trying to get all the students award before school starts.  GBC and the other schools start on the 31st.  Summer got her school schedule and she got Mrs. Maderas, so she is happy.

On Sat. my antelope hunt started and I had to recruit Summer to help me spot the antelope.  But we spotted 50 antelope, 10 bucks, and she only spotted one of those and that was outside my area.  We went in Soldier Creek, an area to the left of the main road, but it was before the area where you and I hunted on your hunt.  We saw 2 groups of bachelor bucks, one group of 3 and one group of 4.  I was half tempted to shot one, but I think it might have been smaller than the one you shot.  So I passed on all of them.  One buck we saw, was some what decent, but it ran over the ridge and out of sight before I could get the 4 wheeler stopped and the glasses on him.  It was in the low 90's, so it was really hot.  The only way Summer would go is if I could get her back for the ward back to school ward BBQ.  We left the area right about 5 when the evening hunt was starting to get good. We were an hour late to the BBQ, but we were hot and hungry so the food was great.

Today we went to our Sacrament meeting and sunday school, then we went to listen to Jason Wilson's farewell.  He did a good job, and courtney welch sang and did a good job.  Bro. Wilson invited us over to their house afterwards to discuss his job opportunity for me.  He said it is getting crazy and they need me right away.  Their business in central america is growing like crazy but it is the most dangerous place  in the world.  I would have security guards 24 7 watching me.  We will have to pray and see what the Lord thinks.

Erin spoke at the seminary fireside tonight, so we went to that to hear her talk.  She did a great job.  She said, she has spoken 8 times now since she got home.  She and I have to speak in the spanish branch next week.

Have a super week.  Is it raining like crazy there?  We love you and pray for your success.  Keep working and studying hard and being obedient and the Lord will bless you always.

Love,

Dad


Dear Elder Nielsen,

Last week was BYU Education Week, but I didn't go :(  I just didn't feel like I should with Erin out in Lamoille house-sitting, and Adelaide having daily melt downs lately where she gets mad and threatens to throw things or hurt people--namely Carly.  Plus Dad had his antelope hunt  which started Sat.  It wasn't too hard of a decision.  
Monday Carly and Ads went to Dr. Allemans office and got their pictures taken with their prize winning color sheets, and got to pick out their new Ray Band sunglassess.
Sadie Goulding called me this week and said that Grammar #2 school had called her and said they were going to all day kindergarten-- she was really bummed since that's their school now, so we both put in a variance request to Mountain view for   half day kinder, but I think our chances are slim since that is the most crowded school.  Summer and Carly got their class schedules and they are getting excited.
Adelaide has been having some issues with not going to go potty when she needs to and she having little accidents.  Dad has been getting on her for it and he asked her why she wasn't going potty when she needed to and her response was, "I don't feel like talking about it right now."  Erin thought that was a good one and thought she would use that next time Dad asked her one of those questions you don't really want to answer.
Jason Wilson gave his Farewell talk today, and he did well.  They had a BBQ out at their Lamoille house last night and me and the little girls went to that.  Jason had all his pictures, awards, and medals all displayed-- there was a lot!  But, I   
told him that they would all pale in comparison to his accomplishment of a mission.  He agreed with me, We had a good chat, ol' Jas and I.  I hadn't ever really spoken directly to him.
I think its amazing, but not really surprising that you are doing so well with the language.  I told Dad that you would be bathing in a bucket, and he didn't believe me!  I hope you are having a good week--how about some pics of your area, apt, etc?  I love you tons, Mom
PS  Do you know the mission address?  I looked it up, but I want to be sure I have it right.  Also, could you write Jacob an encouraging letter?

No comments:

Post a Comment