Hola Elder Nielsen,
It was really hot in California. We went to church to all 3 meetings at church in California. They were good meetings. Then we went back and had dinner at Grandma's and got things ready to go. We left around 3:30 pm but there was an accident over Donner's Summit and we had about an 1.5 hour delay. Traffic was stopped and backed up for about 8 miles. So we did not get home until 10:30 pm. Then Monday morning I left for Pahrump to meet w/ students. It was a long trip and very hot down there. About 108 every day. We just got back tonight at 7:30 pm about 45 minutes ago. And I told mom we have to write out letters.
Other than that, I met a few Filipinos down there that I was trying my Tagalog on. It was kind of fun. Also, in the hotel we met a family from Italy at breakfast that I was talking to. I was speaking Spanish and they were speaking Italian and we were understanding each other. Their son spoke well in English. There were lots of people from France at the hotel. We have not done any scouting for mom's elk as I figured we would go deer hunting for summer up there in those areas looking for mom's bull. That was we can kill too birds with one stone. My antelope hunt starts in 2 weeks.
This weekend we will be going to Utah for Nathan Nielsen's wedding and then on Sunday we will go to Hermana Bott's home coming.
Addie lost one of her teeth this week. It came out while she was eating breakfast.
Is it raining a lot there. One of the ladies that works at the college in Pahrump is from the Philippines and she is from Quezon City. She said it is part of Manila and a big city.
Have a super week. Only one more week to go in the MTC and then it will be game time. Time for the real deal. We are excited for you. Keep working, praying and studying hard. The Lord will bless you for your efforts. We love you and pray for you daily.
Love
Dad
Dear Elder Nielsen,
How are things? Since I last wrote, we were still in California for a few days longer. The girls had been watching the Pool Party video that JP had made with you older kids and they felt there needed to be a Pool Party starring them. So, JP did some filming of them in the pool and he will edit it and put it together with music and send it to us. Adelaide jumped off the diving board with her life jacket on the very first day that they swam. I told her that she was going to have to loose the life jacket or she wouldn't learn to swim on her own. I let her go the rest of the day with it on, but then the next day I took it and put it on top of the patio roof. She blubberd and wined about that, so Dad got it down. But, we discovered she really can swim-- she dog paddled around the shallow end without her L-jacket, she looks kind of like she's struggling to keep her head above water, and she won't swim with her face in the water because she didn't have her goggles (we loaned them to Danielle and she hasn't returned them.) One time she was returning to the pool after she used the bathroom and she didn't realize she hadn't put her jacket back on and she jumped right in, I jumped up and helped her to the side, but she could do it. She just likes to be able to go all over the pool and join in the fun with her sisters, she can't do that with out the jacket on. Next year :) Carly had a great time in the pool, she is at the age when she's old enough to be a good swimmer, but still young enough to still be excited about the pool. She was all packed to go 3 days before we left. Erin swam everyday, she told herself she could eat candy from the candy jar and have some Popsicles only if she swam and did the "Jiggle" thing everyday.
Saturday, we went to the Sacramento Temple (Dad and I, Erin and Summer) Summer and Erin went to the baptistery and Dad ended up going too, because they said they needed more priesthood. I did a session. But, interestingly we ran into people we knew! Dad ran into an old missionary companion, he just looked at Dad and said, "North Platte, Nebraska!" The guy at the front desk who checks the recommends saw we were from Elko and said that his daughter lived in Elko. I don't remember if you remember the Baridgekoffs? She had red hair and his name was Kurt, and they had 2 or 3 little kids, then they moved to Spring Creek about a year ago. Then Erin recognized a girl who was in her mission. She was photographing a wedding party.
We went to church on Sunday and then left at about 3:30 to come home. Dad left the next morning to go to Pahrump for the week. Tuesday night we had a Relief Society activity at the
Christiansens house. We watched "Penelope" the pig movie, outside projected on the side of their house. It was a perfect night and everyone had fun. Adelaide was eating her cereal yesterday and she lost her first tooth. It had been lose and it finally came out. Today, she found a dollar from the toothfairy wrapped in a ribbon with some sparkles around it,(Thanks, fairy-Carly for putting glitter in our sheets!) She was so excited she said,"Today is the best day of my life!"
I saw Jacob's Mom this week and asked how Jake was doing and she said she hadn't heard from him and it was making her crazy wondering how things were going. I asked how the drop off went and she said Jacob was really nervous and shaking right before. We got his first email today and it sounded good, I liked his mentions of you--nice compliment to a good friend. You are just about ready to graduate to the field here pretty soon, I bet you are ready! I love you, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment