Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

Dear Elder Nielsen,

Today is Mother's Day and I love this day. I am happy we can celebrate this very important day to all the mother's and future mothers. Reagan Goulding had her home coming today  and she did a great job. She is going to Concepcion Chile and goes in this week. Leah Zisler was there in church today for Reagan's farewell. She is home from school for the summer.

It rained a lot again this week here. Elko played Spring Creek again this week, and I went out to watch it. Elko lost 9-8 with spring creek hitting a walk off single to win the game in the bottom of the 7th. So Spring Creek will win the league and since Elko had to forfeit those 1st 3 games, they are in 3rd place right now. They have their senior day tomorrow with a double hitter against Truckee and I will announce that game. Regionals is here in Spring Creek this year. It seems like Elko is not playing or hitting the ball as well as they were at the 1st part of the season.

Yesterday we had the cinco de mayo parade and Mandy Simons asked me if I would drive their truck and the girls were in the back of the truck throwing out candy and mom and Mandy were handing out stickers. Afterwards we went to the home and garden show and signed up for free drawings.

In the afternoon, I took off the lawn mower blade and sharpened it for mom and cleaned up the lawn mower. Mom had been wanting that done for a while and they would have charged her $17 to do it. Summer and I mowed the lawn and it works great. Thanks to youtube again for the instructions.

BYU mens volleyball team was playing Ohio State for the National Championship and BYU was #1 in the nation and BYU got beat 0-3 games. Then the BYU Rugby team was undefeated and playing California for the national championship and they got beat as well. So not a good day for BYU.

I had the day off on Friday and ended up working at work until 2:30 pm. So I will take some time off tomorrow.

Creighton Cooper got his mission call to Hermosilio Mexico, but does not go in until October I believe.

Mom celebrated her 50th birthday on Tuesday. She and I went to lunch at Sergio’s on Wed. We did not do much, mom was supposed to have a relief society meeting that night, so we did not have any thing planned. She ended up staying home. Summer helped her make a pumpkin pie and we ate that for mother’s day today.

Well we look forward to talking to you and seeing you today. We love you. Elizabeth Grow is in Brandon Jenkins zone. So that is kind of cool. Keep working hard and being exactly obedient in all things. Have a super week.
Love,

DAD


Dearest Elder Nielsen,

What a wonderful day!  I was able to talk to you, got chocolate at church today, heard from all my kids, and had a great dinner complete with pumpkin pie for dessert!  Even though we told you a lot of what had happened this week already, I thought I would put it in my email for history's sake, since this is like my journal.
I had good birthday.  It was a beautiful day.  The best one of the week with all the rain.  It was kind of a normal day, I did the usual stuff.  Dad wanted to go out to the SC Vs Elko game and so we didn't do anything for lunch since he would be blowing out early from work.  We did go to Sergio's the next day for lunch.  I remember for my 40th birthday I went to Chicago and visited Pam Bleazard.  For a 50th bday you would think I would have planned something big again, but I really have no where I want  to go.  I hope that we get things figured out with Erin and Landon and we four can go to Peru this summer, so I guess that could be part of the celebration.  

Mandy Simons is running for reelection to the city council and so she asked our family is we would be apart of her Cinco De Mayo parade entry.  Dad got to drive their 2015 Toyota Tundra pick-up with the Simons kids, and our kids in the back giving out candy.  Mandy and I walked and handed out stickers with her name on it.  After that we went to the convention center and attended the Home and Garden show.  We got some free hand-outs and signed up for some drawings--I don't think we've won anything though.  When we got home we mowed the lawn with the newly sharpened blade on the lawn mower.  Dad had asked what was next on his Honey-tube list, and I told him that I had been wanting to sharpen that blade for years.

Carly made me breakfast in bed this morning and Adelaide snuggled with me and shared it with me.  --Eggs, bacon, toast, cherries and juice.  Chelsea called this morning and told me to check my email.  She had made kind of a music narrated montage of pictures of her and David.  The singers were actually  the little girls having been recorded singing mother's day songs by Chelsea's  phone earlier in the week.
I'm  really blessed to have had a wonderful mother and to be able to be able to have had such  wonderful, talented, cute and good kids myself. Being a mother is the best job ever.  It can be kind of exhausting, but I've never been happier in my life than when I've been with my family.
Keep working hard.  You are a great joy to me.  Love, mom

No comments:

Post a Comment