We enjoyed your last email with the janitor calling you guapo. Are not all the workers in the MTC LDS? How is the Tagalog coming along. This past week flew by too quickly.
On Friday, Elder and Sister Reeves had a little get together as they are ended their mission this past week. We just ate finger snacks and visited with everyone. On Saturday, a guy at work (Jacob Park) got married and we went to their marriage celebration pot luck. It was really good and I ate too much. Then afterwards, I got the big pot and boiled a bunch of deer heads skulls to do the european mounts. It takes about two hours per head to boil, so I was out there until 8:30 pm. I got our antelope skulls boiled, but there is still alot I need to clean up on them before I bleach the skulls.
Sunday, we got a new bishopric. I was released and now I am feeling foot loose and fancy free without a calling. Scott Olsen got put in as bishop and 1st counselor is Scott Christiansen and 2nd counselor is Burk Madsen. So change is always good. Hopefully they can do a better job than we did. Mom and I went home teaching sunday afternoon and then we went to a youth singing group deal with Summer. Erin got home from Utah and enjoyed her trip. She met sister Bott's family, so she was excited about that.
We also went to Jacob's farewell. He did a good job. He told the story about me when he was opening his call and I thought he was getting called to Antarctica. He had a good laugh. He also said that when he was deciding to go on a mission, or play baseball, you told him that you were going and that he was going on a mission. He also said in his talk that you would say, I hate it when people ask how can you give up 2 years of your life, and you would say, we are not giving up 2 years, we are gaining 2 years. He did well, he will make a good missionary. We went over to his house for some food afterwards and visited with people. Marcus Valequez parents were in church and I did not realize that both of them probably are members and Marcus' dad's brother was a bishop and his mom had brothers that served missions. So Marcus should be a member. I told them we needed them to come to church more often. They said that was the 1st time in many many years that they have been to church. I said, well today is a start, don't stop now. They are a good family. Marcus was at Lake Powell.
I have been working on taxes this past week in the evenings, trying to get my taxes done for Erin's FAFSA. We are still trying to figure out how she is going to pay for everything. It will cost her $12,800, not including housing and food.
Mom has been Subing a paper route, so she gets up at 3 or 4 am and I have to do my portion of mine before bball. Julie Klekas is home now, and they said she did have a stroke and she can't talk now. So she will have to go to speak rehab and they said the next 6 months will be crucial to see how much she can get back. I have just heard all this through the grape vine. I have not talked to Chris yet.
That is about all the news for now. Keep praying and studying hard and being obedient in everything and the Lord will bless you. I know that to be true. Have a great week. We love you and pray for you daily.
love, DAD
Dear Elder Nielsen,
Well, Chelsea has your blog up and running; I've had two people tell me that they have read your past emails. Things are just moving right along here... Erin has returned from her week long excursion with Amber.
On Friday we went to an open house for the Rieves-- that's the missionary couple that has been serving here for the past 23 months in various wards in the stake. Their mission is ending and they are heading back to Minnesota. They did some wonderful things here. They went and visited (or attempted to) every inactive name on our ward roles. By the time they were done here they had compiled an area book with everyones name and info about what they were able to find out.
Sunday was Jacob's farewell, he did a really good job. He wrote it all out and read it, I suspect so that he didn't get too emotional (he's kind of a "softie" isn't he? He talked about his decision to serve a mission and how you basically told him he "was" going to go. He quoted you as saying, "You don't lose two years of your life, you gain two years," And then he told the story of when he was opening his call, and he said he was nervous and didn't pronounce the name right and Dad (Scotty-boy, he called him) thought he was being called to Antarctica! We went over to their house afterward for lunch, and visited with Jason, Brandon, and Marcus' parents. They went to the church to hear him speak, come to find out his Mom is a member, not been active for a long time and his Dad may be a member too, because his brother is a bishop. That would be a great family to activate and baptize.
Erin attended her Mission President's farewell in Ut. She caught a ride down with some other missionaries and there were lots of others who attended. The Botts were there so she got to meet them. Pres. Douglas is good friends with Elder Rasband, so he was in attendance also.
We went out to a house out in Pleasant Valley yesterday to meet the animals and the couple that Erin will be house sitting for in 2 weeks. They were really nice and said she could have the run of the home, and even asked her about the food she wanted them to stock in the fridge for her to eat. She has to feed 4 horses, a cat, and a dog, and sleep overnight there, for $22 a night. Not bad.
I have been subbing a paper route for a lady that delivers the tree streets and over by the college. I have to leave at 4 am to be done by 6am. She does most of it in her car, but I won't do that, if there is any way I can walk it.
We are planning on going to Calif. next week. Nate is there now, enjoying his annual month long stay. I am hoping Adelaide comes home a swimmer.
Julie Klekas is home from the hospital now, she apparently did have stroke, caused from a hole in her heart (???) It has affected her speech. She wasn't unresponsive as previously said, but she was "unable to respond". We are praying she will recover. Bishop Barker fell asleep at the wheel on his way to Eureka, where he goes for work and ran off the road, flying 80 ft in the air. He walked away from it with just an injury to his hand. The HWP said, people usually don't walk away from one like this.
It sounds like you are an old pro there now, not one of the newbies any more. Your zone looks like you have some fun missionaries-- crazy Tongans. that one we thought looked like Sister Purcell. Have a super great week Guapo!
Love, Mom
Well, Chelsea has your blog up and running; I've had two people tell me that they have read your past emails. Things are just moving right along here... Erin has returned from her week long excursion with Amber.
On Friday we went to an open house for the Rieves-- that's the missionary couple that has been serving here for the past 23 months in various wards in the stake. Their mission is ending and they are heading back to Minnesota. They did some wonderful things here. They went and visited (or attempted to) every inactive name on our ward roles. By the time they were done here they had compiled an area book with everyones name and info about what they were able to find out.
Sunday was Jacob's farewell, he did a really good job. He wrote it all out and read it, I suspect so that he didn't get too emotional (he's kind of a "softie" isn't he? He talked about his decision to serve a mission and how you basically told him he "was" going to go. He quoted you as saying, "You don't lose two years of your life, you gain two years," And then he told the story of when he was opening his call, and he said he was nervous and didn't pronounce the name right and Dad (Scotty-boy, he called him) thought he was being called to Antarctica! We went over to their house afterward for lunch, and visited with Jason, Brandon, and Marcus' parents. They went to the church to hear him speak, come to find out his Mom is a member, not been active for a long time and his Dad may be a member too, because his brother is a bishop. That would be a great family to activate and baptize.
Erin attended her Mission President's farewell in Ut. She caught a ride down with some other missionaries and there were lots of others who attended. The Botts were there so she got to meet them. Pres. Douglas is good friends with Elder Rasband, so he was in attendance also.
We went out to a house out in Pleasant Valley yesterday to meet the animals and the couple that Erin will be house sitting for in 2 weeks. They were really nice and said she could have the run of the home, and even asked her about the food she wanted them to stock in the fridge for her to eat. She has to feed 4 horses, a cat, and a dog, and sleep overnight there, for $22 a night. Not bad.
I have been subbing a paper route for a lady that delivers the tree streets and over by the college. I have to leave at 4 am to be done by 6am. She does most of it in her car, but I won't do that, if there is any way I can walk it.
We are planning on going to Calif. next week. Nate is there now, enjoying his annual month long stay. I am hoping Adelaide comes home a swimmer.
Julie Klekas is home from the hospital now, she apparently did have stroke, caused from a hole in her heart (???) It has affected her speech. She wasn't unresponsive as previously said, but she was "unable to respond". We are praying she will recover. Bishop Barker fell asleep at the wheel on his way to Eureka, where he goes for work and ran off the road, flying 80 ft in the air. He walked away from it with just an injury to his hand. The HWP said, people usually don't walk away from one like this.
It sounds like you are an old pro there now, not one of the newbies any more. Your zone looks like you have some fun missionaries-- crazy Tongans. that one we thought looked like Sister Purcell. Have a super great week Guapo!
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment