Monday, September 17, 2012

Home life is crazy too!

Dear Sis. Nielsen,

     We enjoyed the letter and the pics.  Did you get to go out to the Arizona on your service project?  People asked me that,  but I wasn't sure since it's out in the water.  We had the missionaries for dinner yesterday and we told Elder Sanft your new word (choke) and he laughed, he said that's what he used to say in high school.  He liked the pictures you sent, but he said it  they made him a little homesick.  Dad loves that picture you took of just the temple.  He made it the background/screensaver on his computer.  It looks so crystal clear, almost like looking at a plasma screen TV.  He said to tell you, "Hello, love ya, and keep up the good work" because he's not sure he's going to be able to write you this week because today is the corporate deadline for taxes and he's got six left  to do.
     Cody is going in today for an MRI on his knee.  I called Dr. Gunnel's office last week and they said they wouldn't be able to see him until the first week of Oct., so I made an appt. with another orthoped.  Well, Klekas called us and said I got you an appt. with Gunnel, he'll work you in tomorrow at 2pm. Klekas has an "in"  with him and this isn't about getting healthy for football, that knee of Code's is one of his basketball assets.  It's all about basketball!  His knee was really swollen over the knee cap and he extracted alot of fluid through a syringe, and then gave him a steroid shot.  He said it could be a sprain or some kind of tear of the meniscus.  The fluid didn't have any blood in it, which would have been an indication of a torn ligament or tendon.  So, that's good.  the MRI will tell us for sure.  Erin's knee is a little better, she played on it, but suffered a"dead leg" in the next game and couldn't play in the following game because she couldn't move it.
     I was really busy last week with cross-guarding.  One of the ladies is gone for a  month visiting her elderly parents back in Ohio, so we're all covering extra shifts.  It's nice for the paycheck, but Dad didn't have any blue socks for church, so It makes it so I don't get the stuff done at home.  I'm going to put 300.00 a month a way in a savings account, so that possibly one day we can all go back and visit the Aloha State together.  Ruth Garvin is also a Cross Gd. now.  She agrees it's alot easier than doing papers.
     How did your interview with the Pres. go?  I noticed in the picture that they sent me of you and Pres. and Sis. Dalton (any relation to YW Gen. Pres.?) that he was wearing a periwinkle colored tie, that looked equally as striking on him with his silver hair as Pres. Uchtdorf.  He has really started a trend ol' Deiter!  You know I'm partial to periwinkle anyway.
     Pam is in Paris right now.  I haven't heard from her.  I'm sure she'll fill me in when she gets home.  She wanted me to go with her, but I just couldn't with my life right now.  She went with her sister and sister-in-law.  She messed up in the planning because she was gone when Ben started at BYU-I.  She couldn't believe she wouldn't be there to drop off her last kid at college, he was a bit disappointed too.  C'est la vie,  I'm sure a tasty croissant helped her get over it.
     Carly  scored 2 goals in her soccer game on Sat., Summer went to a music -piano workshop, and Dad and I went to Brandon Cousineau"s funeral.  which was pretty interesting.  Bishop Bates did a good job.  It got kind of weird there with all the extended family taking turns talking, but Bates brought it back with some good  doctrine and wrapped things up perfectly.  That night Dad and Cody watched the BYU-utah football game.  It was another crazy game.  Utah ended up winning.  Our tying field goal hit the goal post and bounced outside.  Fans (it was at Utah) stormed the field three times thinking the game was over when it wasn't and were penalized 15 yds., thus setting up last play-- the shanking field goal attempt.  Craziness!!!!
   Well I get to can peaches today.  I bought a box from Ruth's fruit service.  We haven't had homemade peaches in years.  so I wanted to do it and  maybe teach summer and Carly.  That's the plan.  If Adelaide gets involved it could be a wild mess.
Glad to hear about all your teaching success.  Keep it at high tide!
LOVE,
MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment