Hello Sister Nielsen,
We are always so excited to get your email and letters. Thank you for your kind letter last week. We all are doing amazingly well with Dad's passing. We will miss him, but we are so excited that he is able to work and be active doing the Lord's work on the other side.
Also, Grandma Nielsen got your letter and really enjoyed it. She said she has no excuses not to write you a letter as she is not doing much else.
Every thing continues to go well here. I am busy trying to get Corporation and Partnership taxes out by Sept. 15th. Cody and Erin are doing well in Football and soccer. Although, Cody has a hurt knee and so does Erin. Cody thinks he has a torn meniscus. We will probably have to take him into the Dr. this week. He missed about a week of football the last week of Aug, but played on defense last Friday. I think it is sore again after that game.
I am in Reno today for meetings. We came over yesterday, and we will go home tonight. Adelaide continues to be our entertainment. Sunday evening, she went out side and all she had on was a pull-up. In the evenings and mornings it is getting a little cooler. She said it was cold outside, so she put on her mittens and her stocking cap and her boots, with her pull up and went back out side. It was very funny. We should have taken a picture with nothing on but a pullup, boots, mittens and a hat.
Our neighbors have puppies and she climbs over the chain link fence all the time to go visit the puppies. Mom says we are going to have to put barbed wire over the top of the fence like the prisons to try and keep her in the back yard.
We are so greatful that you are serving the Lord. We know that you are a great missionary. Stay obedient and close to the spirit and you will always have the blessings of our Father in Heaven. You are always in our prayers. Give your companion a hug from us. I hope you have fun in the temple today. When I went through a session there, it was very special, and a lot smaller than I had imagined. Keep up the good work.
I don't have much time to write this morning as we need to go eat breakfast, but I thought I better get you a quick note off before you check your email.
We love you,
Dad
Dear Sister Nielsen,
We did the Mormon version. Our class thought of 12 churchy questions and I took copies and had them fill them out at seminary. They were for example: Name a food Mormons are known for... #! answer? Funeral potatoes of course, followed by Jello, wheat, casseroles, chili, dutch oven and flour cake(influenced by the recent trek I'm sure). Other questions were : Name a Mormon well known outside the church-- Mitt Romney was #1, If Christ were to enter your bedroom right now, what might you be embarrassed about? 70% of that answer had something to do with how messy it was. It was a little chaotic, we could have been more organized, but it was fun.
I went o a run/ hike up POSH, I got the right hill this time. Ruth and I have a goal this year to be able to run up it. I occasionally lift weights with Cody and I can feel myself getting stronger. He really loves those weights, so thanks again for risking your life to get them. I just made him an appt. with an orthopedic surgeon to have his knee looked at. It's really bothering him. It didn't help that he got a really bad turf burn last week playing in Fernley. Erin hurt her knee last week playing in Reno. What is it with the knees this year? Last year they both had sprained ankles. Summer and Carly both start soccer practice this week. They are very excited about that.
My lesson last sunday was about worthy thoughts with a major emphasis on good music. Dad loved that EFY CD you had in the Camry, he listened to it all the way to Ut when he went to see his Dad for the last time. He said It's not coming out, until you get home. "If Amber can listen to this music for a year and a half, welll so can I", he said. The Elders here can listen to Josh Groban they said. I could handle that. The lesson suggested you think of hymn if a bad thought enters your mind. I love that simple little hymn, Let the Holy Spirit Guide. When I was primary pres. we had to sing that as part of the Primary Program. I love the sweet simple explanation on what the Holy Ghost does.
They are bringing back Show choir this year. Erin and Cody (I think) want to do it. It's not a class, but something extra after Tues. night rehearsal. It's by senior priority. That would be really cute if they were partners! I remember when you did it, it was so cute.
Bishop Esplin told me a secret, even though he was quite eager to share. He said he was going to be a Grandpa. I said thats great, which one? He said Kayla! I can't remember when April.... I think. Pretty cool. Well, I'm going to shoot this over so that I don't miss you. Have a fabulous week.
love, Mom
P.S. I ran into Josh Carroll when I was cross guarding at his son's school. He asked about you, and said you need to check out the Lilly Hon(sp) bakery in your area. They make cream puffs the size of grapefruits. Just what you need right?
No comments:
Post a Comment