Monday, September 24, 2012

Hello!

Sister Nielsen,
         It is always great to get your emails and letters to let us know how you are doing.  We are doing fine here.  I got called last week as one of the nursery teachers, (which is what I requested).  I'm sure they are alway having a hard time finding people to serve in there.  We have about 15 kids, so there are 4 of us serving in there.  I am excited as I will be with Adelaide.  The is this one Samoan boy and he is just mean.  His first week in there, he gave one little kid a black eye.  Yesterday, he was scratching kids in the face, pinching them and kicking them.  Connie told me she did not want to hear about any kids in the pile driver, but that kid was about 2 minutes away from being put in the pile driver position, (like I did in LA).
         But it is fun and I am going to enjoy it. I still miss the branch and we did a service day on saturday for the Mata family.  I had an extremely busy week on the 17 of sept trying to get out all the partnership and corporation tax returns.  This week will be busy as well. I have jury duty on tuesday, but have a big report due at the college this week.
         Mom is doing really well. Sharon takes her to the temple to do a session a couple times a week.  And she is remembering everything that she has to say and is happy with that.  She has been having high blood pressure this last week and that does not make her fell good.  David Beck wants to interview her and her brother Verlin this saturday and maybe she is just worrying about that.
         It is great to hear about all your new investigators.  And I am happy that you are not home sick.  I was never one to get home sick on my mission.  When you are lost in the work, you really don't think alot about home.  How did that family of 13 referral ever turn out?  It sounds like Alex had been prepared and ready to hear and receive the gospel with his brothers death.
         Are you and S, wright driving a car or walking?  Also, how often do you get dinner appointments?  People have asked us those questions and I did not know the answer.  Steven Shelley's mom was asking about you sat. at erins soccer game, and Ardis Jensen, Lindsay's mom called mom and was wondering where you were serving and how you are doing.  We tell everyone that you love it and are doing fantastic.
         Cody will have his knee surgery this Thursday.  He tore his meniscus, from the inside of his knee out.  Not completely out, but half way.  The meniscus is the cartilage that is between your two leg bones at the knee.  The Dr said he will probably have to go in and cut the tear out and make it smooth, but that will leave bone on bone.  So he said he will probably have arthritis in his knee by time he is 40 - 45.  If they try to stitch it, there is no blood supply in the middle of his knee, and it will only be as good as the stitches hold up. And then have to go in again.  I guess he has a bone bruise on the bottom of his femor bone in the leg.  He would be able to play a week after his surgery, but, the Dr. says the bone bruise will be the thing that causes him more pain.  Especially after it will be bone on bone, they want to make sure the bruise heals.
         Paula Wallock and Randy Jenkins got sealed in the SLC temple and appear to be very happy.  We went to a reception on Sat for them.  Andrew and the Elmore kid were there.  They both look heavier than when I had seen them last.
         Carly will be baptized this saturday.  Hopefully I can remember her correct name when I perform the ordinance. (unlike summer).
         Every thing is going well here.  The time is really flying by fast.  In a week you will have been out 2 months.  The next thing you know, you will have been out a year and only have a year left.  So remember to work as hard as you possible can, the time goes by way too fast.  Enjoy your time as a specail witness of Christ.  Don't take it for granted.  This is a special time in your life.  We had standards night last night and had 6 speakers talk about their mission and their growth from their mission.  The spirit was very strong. I hope it motivated every one there to serve a mission. 2 moms talked about their mission.  It was pointed out in the meeting, that ther are experiences and growth on your mission that you can only gain from serving a mission.  You would never be able to experience them in any other way.  I know that to be true.  So enjoy every minute of your mission.
         I have your pictures of the temple saved as my screen savors at work so that people will see it and ask, where is that picture from. And it will give me a chance to talk about you and the gospel to them.  I love your pictures of the temple.  They are very beautiful.
 
Well I better get going and get ready for work.  We love you and pray for your success constantly.
 
Have a great and successful week.
 
Love you,
 Dad



Dear Sis. Nielsen,
     We love hearing about your investigators!  Keep up your amazing work.  We tell everyone how great you are doing.  For the record we do miss you, but we wouldn't change one thing, we looooove the fact that you are serving a mission.  I can already feel the blessings coming into our home.
     Erin got asked to Homecoming by Alex Jordan (Cody's friend A.J.)  You remember his mom Nancy?  The one that really wanted to meet you the day we took our family picture at the church.  Well the way he asked her, had  a Napolean Dynomite theme.  First he gave her a hand drawn picture of herself  (like the one of Tricia in the movie) With the question " will you go to Homecoming with me?"  It was hideous just like in the movie.  I guess Cody actually drew it by copying the one from the movie.  He didn't reveal who he was just then.  the next clue, he dropped off two cupcakes and a poster with Napolean and Pedro and Pedro saying " I'll build her a cake or something". the last clue was a fish-- and a note,"I caught you a delicious bass".  She finally figured out who it was, but it took awhile even though they watched that movie at our house right before school started. I think she'll have a good time with him.l  I'm sure Nancy is thrilled.
     Ardis Jensen called me the other day and had heard that you were serving in HI and wanted to know what ward/stake you were in right now.  A couple of other people have asked me that and I tell them I don't know, just that you're assigned near the airport and Pearl Harbor.  So, if you could tell me that that would help me to inform other people where exactly you're at.  We talked for a little while and I told her I'd sent her the info about how to read your blog.  She said Lindsey was in No. Carolina with her sister Chris.  She didn't do all that well at BYU-HI, so now she's just working for an insurance co.  She'd recently talked to Coral Lee Findlay and she's trying to become and elementary school principal.  Craig is getting ready to go on his mission soon.
     Well, Cody needs surgery on his knee.  It's not too major.  He has a tear in the meniscus and a deep bruise to the femur where it attaches on the side of the knee ( this is what the MRI revealed)  Do you remember that from anat/phys.? The doc said, he could stitch up the tear but it could break  and then that torn part would flap over and cause problems again.  So, he's going to cut off the piece that's torn, kind of like a hangnail. The recovery should be quick.   He'll only have two small incisions on either side of the patella.  It may affect him when He's forty because there won't be any cartiledge there to cushion it, so he may have arthritis earlier than normal.
     This is just random, but I notice people with Kypohsis (sp?) all the time now. I see some stranger when I cross guarding and I'm like yep, he's got that bent over condition.  Strange huh?
    Do you get to go to the RS broadcast next week?  I signed up to decorate a table.  We were given the theme "remember when", so I've got a bunch of my Mom's memorabilia from when she was in primary, and I've got some of my own that I'm going to display.  I even found some glass grapes that the RS used to make when I was little for home decor. I remember my mom had some too.  Every RS was doing that in the 70's that people thought it was part of our religion.  We are having Carly's baptism that afternoon @3pm.  It will be just our family and a few friends.
   Summer did really well in her soccer game.  She had 3 shots to the goal that hit the goal posts each time!  I got to go inside a hot air balloon on Fri.  It was the Ruby Mnt. balloon festival last weekend, and they brought one to Northside.  It wasn't air worthy so they blew it up so you could just walk around inside.  Then one landed in the playground before school started when all the kids were out there.  They were screaming as it came in and running because it could have squashed one of them.   It was pretty exciting.  Chica got scared and ran away when they flew over head, but  she came back after 2hrs.
     We had Standards night last night and it was so good.  They had 3 .couples speak on missions.  The husband and wife each about their missions and what they gained from going.   They had the Curtis' from 1st ward, he's an optomitrist with Pres, Alleman, the Welches(did you know Suzanne served a mission to New Jersey?) the Goudings also spoke .  It was great.  
Well hope your week is wonderful,
love  you, Mom

PS. when is  the Tiff and Tuck wedding?  



No comments:

Post a Comment