Monday, October 1, 2012

NEWS FROM HOME!

Hey Amber Lee,
 
I have been trying to find time to write you all day and I'm running out of time.  I have my accounting class tonight and I am being evaluated on my teaching performance, so I better spend some time preparing for the class.  But we love you and pray for your success.
 
Every thing here is about the same.  Carly's baptism was nice.  Adelaide says she is going to be baptized now.  In nursery there were some kids playing with a doll house and had two little people in the tub, and one kid said "hey, they are in the bath tub",  Adelaide said, "no, they are getting baptized".  So she has baptism on the brain.
 
I hope you are feeling better from the Vog. and that everything is goin well.
 
Love,
 
Dad



 Dear Sis. Nielsen,

 

How did your appts. go this week?  Did the people that had to cancel come through this week?  I hope you are over your cold now.  We had the missionaries over for dinner.  They didn’t have a dinner appt. today and I think they were happy that I asked them, because they both kind of smiled when I asked them.  It turns out that it was Elder Cruz’s birthday today, and being fast Sunday, they wanted to have a good dinner.  We had Sunday oven stew, which isn’t super fancy, but they liked it a lot.  We asked Elder Sanft if he surfed and he said, just about every day.  He also said he was a performer at the PCC when he was in high school, and he was in HA, but not during the time any of our family would have seen it.  I think I’m going to ask him to teach me the Haka.

 

Erin answered A.J. in a really cute way…She bought a bag of “tots”, some chapstick and some other candy he likes.  I suggested she include some boondoggle key chain, but she couldn’t find the ones Summer had made.  She put them on his bed with a link to a youtube clip from the movie of Kip when he’s bowling and he bowls a spare or something using the bumpers and he says, “yes”.  Oh Erin the cleverness of you!

 

Chelsea read me the letter that you wrote to her, where you talked about the humidity and everything… so you most likey don’t have to pick your boogoos there, so you just blow your nose then?  Just curious.  I brought this up in the car on the way to church today. I think everyone agreed  I’m way over thinking this.

 

Carly’s baptism went really well,  Dad got her name right and everything.  I was pretty small and simple.  Attending were: Sis. Goulding and 3 of her kids ( she’s the Primary Pres) ,Sis. Halls, the Olsens, and the Simons.  I gave the talk on Baptism, and Dad gave the one on the Holy Ghost.  Erin and Cody gave the prayers and shared chorister duties.

We had refreshments afterwards.  Cody thought I went too far out. He said, “Mom this isn’t a Barmitzfa you know”  I told him I was going straight to the RS broadcast and this was also his dinner. Carly was cute and happy.

 

“AND NOW FOR ANOTHER EPISODE OF ADDIE’S ANTICS”

I found Adelaide in the bathroom with the door locked, no problem I just used the ol’ fingernail and got into the little bathroom, where I found her sitting on the potty, having gone poo poo. Yeah! The problem was she was covered in Erin’s lipstick.  She had the palette with all the different kinds of colors and she was Painting her face , arms, and legs with it.  We went straight to the tub. I  had to clean the tub afterwards because it had  a major pink lipstick ring around it.  I forgot to tell you what she did at Carly’s soccer game last week.  She went to play with some older girls under a pine tree. They were around 5 yrs., and didn’t want this little toddler invading their tree.  I could see a little sparring going on with some sticks, so I went over there and I heard Adelaide talking in her sassy voice and  had the body language to go with it.  She said, “I’m a princess (oh, yeah where’s your crown? “ It’s at home”.  I made her leave, but it was soo funny.

Melanie Portrey had their baby blessing today.  We got an wedding invitation from Lindsey Egbert.  Have you started posing for your cut-out yet?  Keep on the look out for a Hawaiian Nativity set .  The Creche will be here soon and it would be fun to display it.

Cody’s surgery went really well.  He’s already walking around and healing great.  He has two little holes on either side of his knee where they went in.  It was at the surgical center, so it was out patient.  He went in at 10am and was out by 3pm.

I got back a letter I mailed to you with pictures,  I’m remailing it tomorrow.

HAVE A FABULOUS WEEK love ya Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment