Hello Sister Nielsen,
I did not get a chance to write you last week as it was the 15th of October and I had to complete a bunch of taxes and we ended up going over to SLC for Cody's ortho appointment. We went over Sunday afternoon and came back monday around 3. Grandma Nielsen wanted to see all the kids. But Erin stayed home and did the papers and fed Chica. Erin's soccer team is doing pretty well. I believe they are 20 and 3 this year. They play spring creek on Thurs. for the last game of the season. If they win that, they will go into the region ranked #1. But I guess there has been alot of jealousy on the team. Michelle Ygoa and Kattie Kump wanted or thought that they should be captains on the team and the captains are Erin, Morgan canapa and Mac Jenkins. So the 2 that are not captains, kind of bad mouth Erin, etc. Girl sports politics. I hope they get it all cleared up before state so that they can win state.
Cody's Jv football team is still undefeated, and they play spring creek this week. They moved Jason Wilson and Jordan another sophomore up to varsity a couple weeks ago to play on varsity. Jason had 5 touchdowns last week and 3 a couple weeks ago. But Elko is out of the playoffs, so now they are just playing for pride against Spring Creek. Cody has not played since the 1st couple weeks, but wants to play against Spring Creek. We don't want him to re-injure his bruised knee. The meniscus is fine, but the dr said if it swells up again, he will put him on crutches for 6 weeks. Klekas said what is more important, a jv game or a state championship in bball. He does not want him to play.
I'm enjoying nursery with Adelaide. She loves books and has me reading books most of the time. She talks about her friends all the time. "My friends gave me this" etc. She also talks about going to achievement days as summer and carly go. she said I got these boots at achievement days, but I dont think she has ever gone.
Grnma Nielsen had her 85 bday on Friday. She is doing pretty well except for her high blood pressure doesn't make her feel well. Trevor Daniels got home off his mission on Tuesday. I guess when he met with president shumway on tuesday he was going on 60 hrs with no sleep.
Summer started pal bball and I and helping coach her. We need to work on her game skills quit a bit. I assumed she knew more, but she has never played before. Her 1st game is saturday. Cody and I went out deer hunting on sat. My hunt ends this sunday and i have only been out 1 day.
It will be getting colder here this week. Highs in the 40's. So winter is coming. We have not had any snow on the valley floor yet.
I did not get a chance to write you last week as it was the 15th of October and I had to complete a bunch of taxes and we ended up going over to SLC for Cody's ortho appointment. We went over Sunday afternoon and came back monday around 3. Grandma Nielsen wanted to see all the kids. But Erin stayed home and did the papers and fed Chica. Erin's soccer team is doing pretty well. I believe they are 20 and 3 this year. They play spring creek on Thurs. for the last game of the season. If they win that, they will go into the region ranked #1. But I guess there has been alot of jealousy on the team. Michelle Ygoa and Kattie Kump wanted or thought that they should be captains on the team and the captains are Erin, Morgan canapa and Mac Jenkins. So the 2 that are not captains, kind of bad mouth Erin, etc. Girl sports politics. I hope they get it all cleared up before state so that they can win state.
Cody's Jv football team is still undefeated, and they play spring creek this week. They moved Jason Wilson and Jordan another sophomore up to varsity a couple weeks ago to play on varsity. Jason had 5 touchdowns last week and 3 a couple weeks ago. But Elko is out of the playoffs, so now they are just playing for pride against Spring Creek. Cody has not played since the 1st couple weeks, but wants to play against Spring Creek. We don't want him to re-injure his bruised knee. The meniscus is fine, but the dr said if it swells up again, he will put him on crutches for 6 weeks. Klekas said what is more important, a jv game or a state championship in bball. He does not want him to play.
I'm enjoying nursery with Adelaide. She loves books and has me reading books most of the time. She talks about her friends all the time. "My friends gave me this" etc. She also talks about going to achievement days as summer and carly go. she said I got these boots at achievement days, but I dont think she has ever gone.
Grnma Nielsen had her 85 bday on Friday. She is doing pretty well except for her high blood pressure doesn't make her feel well. Trevor Daniels got home off his mission on Tuesday. I guess when he met with president shumway on tuesday he was going on 60 hrs with no sleep.
Summer started pal bball and I and helping coach her. We need to work on her game skills quit a bit. I assumed she knew more, but she has never played before. Her 1st game is saturday. Cody and I went out deer hunting on sat. My hunt ends this sunday and i have only been out 1 day.
It will be getting colder here this week. Highs in the 40's. So winter is coming. We have not had any snow on the valley floor yet.
We are grateful to hear that you are doing so well. Don't get discouraged if you investigators don't come to church or don't always keep their committments. This is all still new for them (the gospel) and sometimes they have to make baby steps towards changing their lives for the better. We just have to look at them and remember that all this is for their eternal benefit, so it is better for them to decide to change their lives and make those changes and continue with the blessing of the gospel when they fill they can live up to those committments. I am sure that everything you two teach them sounds good and pleasing to them, but it is another thing to want to change their lives and live those committments.
We love you and always pray for you. The other day Adelaide said she is going on a mission. I hope so.
Love you,
Dad
Dear Sis. Nielsen,
Your letter's are so anticipated each week. How have things been going with the guy who among all the drunks, who knew the Bible had been translated so many times? He sounds like one of those unexpected diamonds in the rough.
Well, here's what's been going on here. Yeah! Adelaide had a good birthday. It was small and quiet-- just us, but she knew it was her big day. She knew how to blow out the candles, she was allover it, she says she's 3 and even holds up three fingers. She got some bunny slippers, a magnetic ballerina that you change outfits on, a toy CD player with llittle discs that play disney princess songs, and a Rupunzel drinking cup that she was pretty excited about. I tried to make these Tangled tower Rapunzel cupcakes that Chelsea had pinned on pinterest, but they were a disaster. They kept falling over and breaking.
I went to Tiffani's shower last friday night. It was fun, I'd only been to her house once, so I didn't know exactly how to get there, but I found it. I told her I was representing You in spirit. She said I could really use Amber around right now. I think you are her destress button. They played some games--Tiffani came out wearing an apron with all kinds of kitchen tools and gadgets attached to it, and we had to memorize and write down as many as we could remember. We did name the love songs fill in the blank quiz. I did pretty good on that. We also played the " guess each other's answers" game when you eat the bubble gum for wrong answers. She go some good gifts. "We" gave her a muffin/cupcake tin, that was really good quality.
Ok, I know why no one seems to know Elder Sanft. He's actually from Laie 7th ward. I guess where you are, used to be his stake at one time..? They came over for dinner last night and I made your favorite.. Hawaiian chicken, and they all really liked that. He asked if you had had this powder stuff that they sprinkle on their fruit there. He also asked if its been rainy. I said you hadn't mentioned rain yet.
Yesterday was the primary childrens' program. Summer did really well memorizing her part. Carly knew the first part of hers, but needed some help with the restl It was cute. Summer looks alot like Chelsea when shes's out there playing soccer. It's so funny how all of you kids resemble each other.
Erin went on her Homecoming Date. They looked great together. She wore my old homecoming dress, that my mom made for herself to wear to a dental school dinner dance, when they were in dental school-- in the early 60's.
A.J. wore a cream colored shirt and black suspenders and bow tie. I made A cream colored bow for the bum, and it looked really good. We'll get some pics to you.
Josh Garvin got engaged last weekend. He's getting married in Orlando Temple, Dec 21st. He met his fiance and Byu, and she's from No. Carolina.
Keep up the great work you are doing, we love you and the example you are setting for this family.
love,
mom
PS there is a problem with mail getting forwarded correctly to you. I sent you a small package and it came back after the mission home tried to forward it and got the address wrong or something. See what's up with that. Tiffanni said she sent you an announcement and the same thing happened- it got to the mission home then forwarded to an address that was undeliverable. I sent you voting info, but just in case you haven't got it yet, dad is sending you via email a request for an absentee ballot that you have to fill out and send in . I hope there's enough time. If you could fax it back to the elko county clerk that would save some time.
No comments:
Post a Comment