Monday, May 6, 2013

Another year older

Sister Nielsen,
 
I hope you had an enjoyable week this past week.  We enjoyed your letter last week about the part of our legs are not painted on.  We talked to Chelsea yesterday and she said you were sounding more and more like me, (which is a good thing).  We thought that was funny.  Sister Hudson probably did not think that was funny.
 
We had a good week.  Mom's birthday on Friday and mother's day next week.  Mom will tell you but we leave home about 10:00 am for chior practice and get back about 2:30 pm pacific time.  But I believe you all in Hawaii are on different hours now as you don't follow day light savings time.  But we should be home any time after 2:30 pm.  Can you skype or just call?
 
Adelaide, said the other day, I want Amber Lee to come home, I miss Amber Lee.  Then she said, I'm going on a mission, I'm going with Amber Lee.  We told her we would get to talk to you next week so she was pretty excited about that.  She is a cute little skunk when she wants to be and she can be pretty stubburn when she wants to as well.
 
Cody's baseball team started their regional tournament this past week end and they beat Spring Creek and now this next Friday and Sat. they go to Winnemucca to finish regionals.  They play Truckee on Friday morning.  The top 2 teams from the north regionals will go to state in Vegas.  Cody only got to play on as a pinch runner and got thrown out at 2nd trying to steal 2nd base.
 
Erin had a track meet in Winnemucca on Sat and they did not do so well.  But this week end they travel to regionals in Yerington.  If they do good there they will go to vegas for state as well.
 
We invited 5 missionaries for dinner yesterday and 1 other new guy in the ward.  But 2 of the Elders had meetings so we just sent them their food with the others.  We had cafe Rio.  It was good.  I took off work on Friday to finish up some taxes and watch cody's baseball games.  Josh Nielsen your cousing is getting married on the 25th of May in the Draper temple and Chelsea will just happen to be up here for that.  So that will be good.
 
Not too much happening else here.  I asked the missionaries how many baptisms in a month they were getting and they said last month was awefull , like 30.  I told them your mission was shooting for 200 and that they have to pick up the slack.
 
Any way,  we love you and look forward to talking to you on Sunday.  Have a great week.
 
Love Dad


Dear Sweet Sis. Nielsen,

 
This week went fast.  Monday, Adelaide had her final dental appt. to fill cavities she had on the other side.  She was almost looking forward to it.  She gets in there and complies so well.   I think she likes the drug like affect of the nitrous oxide gas.  She did great.  She fell asleep, and woke up kind of kicking, but then she calmed down.   Afterwards she said, "I opened my mouth really big and that guy was happy!" 

Cameron Steflik did a piano recital at the church, kind of like what Amy did with her violin.  Erin went and said it was really good.  He is crazy-talented.  He leaves for Birmingham, England for his mission sometime after graduation.

I  had a pretty good day on my birthday.  I got a journal and a nice card from my VT., and Ruthe gave me The Hiding Place book.  Its probably my favorite book, and she knew that and bought it for me.  Summer had a soccer game and Cody had baseball, so we just had Papa Murphy Pizza for dinner.  It was great, I'm still waiting for my pumpkin pie though.
 
Saturday, Carly had a soccer game.  she is such a great little player.  She had a hat trick--3 goals!  Cody had another baseball game.  He got moved up to varsity for the post season, but he never plays.  He did get in as a pinch baserunner, but he got thrown out at 2nd when her was trying to steal.  We beat Spring Creek so that means we are Regional Champs and they go to Winnemucca for the No. State Playoffs.  So, I guess we'll possibly be going to Lowry.

It was Cinco de Mayo yesterday, so we had Cafe Rio and 3 missionaries over, and another guy that just moved here and is living in the Simon's basement until their spot at the Parkway Apts. opens up and his family moves here.  Those Simons, they are so great to let people come and stay there.  I made tortilla bowls that I had seen on Studio 5.  You form them over a jar or bowl and bake them in the oven.  They seemed to really enjoy it.  One Elder accidently dropped his plate and it shattered.  I felt kind bad for him.  It was one of those blue rimmed plates, It doesn't really matter, I told him," We live in a house of kids, no big deal".

Funny Addie said when I was holding up a towel to wrap her up in after her bath--"No, I want the witch towel"  ???  I figured it out, she wanted one of the towels with the hoods built in.  She also said with a sigh," I'm sad I didn't get a letter from Amber".

Have a fabulous week, I love you so much, MOM   Call us when you get done with your meetings, that should be just fine if its between 6-9 (PST) pm thats perfect for us. I can't wait!

...Connie....

No comments:

Post a Comment