Hello Sister Nielsen,
So the events of this past week. My accounting class at the college ended this past week and I was busy getting all the grades in for the students. Cody left for Las Vegas after school on Tuesday, but they did not play until Thursday morning. They played Boulder City the number 2 school from the south and elko was the number 1 team from the north. And Elko came out flat and Boulder city spanked them. I believe they had 6 home runs in that game. I do not remember the score, but it was not pretty. Cody pinched ran for someone, but was left on the bases.
In the 2nd game on Thursday, they played the loser of the other game which was truckee. And we beat them. Cody pinched ran that game and scored a run and then got to bat that inning and hit a one bouncer to the fence and brought in a run and had a stand up double. So that means on varsity he was 3 for 3 and 1000% batting average, which is good. He did not play in the next game. But we played the loser of the winners game and it was Boulder City again, on Friday morning and they beat us again 6 to 1. So they were done and came home the next day on Sat.
Erin went to Vegas on thursday for the track meet. She got home early sunday morning so I did not get to talk to her, but mom said Elko took 3rd place in state.
Friday, I was suppose to bring a gift from the state of Nevada to be auctioned off at this conference and I decided to make 4 pounds of deer jerky as my gift. So I was up till midnight smoking the jerky and had to get up at 4 am to catch my plane at 5. But Phoenix is very hot over 100, but we are indoors all day so it feels good when we go outside.
I will go home tomorrow evening. I went to church here yesterday and and all the BYU Idaho financial aid folks were there visiting as well.
Well there is not much else I have to report, but we love you and are happy you are serving a mission.
Take care and have a great week. I see Chelseas email about giving out a book of mormon so we are a missionary family. I have not had a chance to read it yet as I was trying to get you this email in time.
Love DAD
My Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
We are having beautiful spring/ summer like weather, and there is only 13 days left of school. Soon, Erin will be donning the cap and gown and her HS life will be over. It's been fun to follow her and all her sports endeavors. She's been a 3 sport athlete for 4 years! That is not easy, I couldn't handle that. There were 2 years where I got through basketball season and I thought I needed a break and so I didn't go out for track. Now the quest for a job... I'm sure there are a few places you would not recommend.
I went to a special fireside broadcast from a stk center in Reno where Elder Oaks was the speaker last night. It was very interesting. He spoke for 2hrs, the first hour was typical doctrinal stuff, and then he said for this next hour I'm going relax things a bit and not be so serious. He said general conference is a more serious event and he typically speaks in a serious tone. He then told some funny stories about his travels in visiting STk Presidents and their families. He thought they were quite funny and really laughed hard. I don't think I'd ever seen him laugh. One story was about Elder Perry. He was visiting a city and the stk pres was hosting him and he slept in what he presumed was one of the teenage boys bed. He said at about 3am there was a banging on the door, so he went to open it and a big dog came bounding in and jumped on the bed. He didn't know if it was a good idea to try and remove the dog and he didn't want to wake up the host family, so he decided to just go back to bed and sleep with the dog.
Erin has her senior solo next week and she isn't sure what she's going to sing. Chelsea will be here that week, so maybe they can figure something out and she can accompany on the piano. I told you in my last email about how Ms. Rogers is in such a bad mood these days, well the Spring concert was last tuesday and I have never seen her so sour at a concert. Usually she is so chatty between songs and talks about what a great job they did at their festival...well she was really quiet, just barreled though the program. She will usually recognize the seniors, and the all-state kids and finally the few who made it all four years-there were two: Scott Nisbet and Shauna Baumann. Not a word, she didn't recognize Amy Nisbet, the accompanist, which may be part of the reason she's being so psycho. Apparently on the trip in San Fran. Amy played the piano perfectly and she'd been having troubles with one particular song and she worked really hard on it and nailed it during the performance. So Scott Nisbet tells everyone," when my mom gets on the bus, everybody clap, because she worked really hard to get it right". So, she gets on the bus and and everyone claps, and whoops. Then Ms. Rogers gets on and nobody cares and it makes her mad... at Amy. That's the drama. I think Ms. Rogers is still in high school.
Something interesting happened in church today. I was in nursery and a gal in our ward who has been here about a year and was bringing in her newly 18 mos. old mentioned that her sister in law grew up in the colonies in Mexico. After a little probing it turns out her brother is married to Chelsea Whetton Ollerton, kind of funny huh?
Something interesting happened in church today. I was in nursery and a gal in our ward who has been here about a year and was bringing in her newly 18 mos. old mentioned that her sister in law grew up in the colonies in Mexico. After a little probing it turns out her brother is married to Chelsea Whetton Ollerton, kind of funny huh?
Well, Erin wants me to go take more pictures of her for her Senior Pictures before the sun goes down. They took third in state in track, behind two teams from the south. Cody played a little in his baseball game and did really well, I'm sure dad will fill you in on that. She did mention that a kid from Bishop Gorman set a new national HS record in the high jump 7'3 1/4"--tall skinny black kid. she said everyone had there attention on him when he went for an attempt.
Have a wonderful week,
Have a wonderful week,
Love Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment