Aloha Sister Nielsen,
Well it was great to talk to you yesterday. It sounds like everything is going well and that you are doing great. We did not spend much time giving you a sports report, so I will give you that now.
Carly's soccer team the one Mom and I coach is awesome. They are undefeated and Sat. won 13 - 0. Carly had 2 goals and does pretty well, but we have to hold her back. On Sat. I told her she could not cross mid-field. She was not happy we me and reluctanlty obeyed. But we were killing them and I was trying to hold our players back. We only let 2 girls go up and try to score a goal. Actually, we have 8 players and 7 of them are really good. Only 1 weak player and she was not there Sat.
Summer is doing better at soccer as well. She had a goal last game but still plays a little timid and not sure of her self. She is afraid of being off-sides. But getting better. The potential is there.
Codys baseball team went to Winnemucca for the regional tournament and play 2 games on Friday and 1 on Sat. They won all 3 games and are now 26-3 for the year. We did not go watch them, but you can watch them on the internet (chelsea) at the elko high school web site down on the bottom left of the page , there is a "one" thing or something. So Chelsea you can watch them next week in Vegas at state on the internet.
Friday morning we were up 3-0 in the 4 and Truckee (who beat Elko in the state Championship game last year) scored 4 runs to go ahead 4-3. In the 6th inning, Cody pitch ran for some one and stole 2nd. There were 2 outs and Elko had a hit and run play on, so Cody was running on the pitch to 3rd, the guy hit it to the 2nd baseman and he bobbled the ball and Cody kept running to home on the hit and the guy threw the ball to home but not in time. So Cody scored the tieing run and Elko won it in the 7th inning. Cody said his score fired everyone up, I guess they all left the dug out and were mugging him for a while and then got in trouble by the ump as they are not suppose to leave the dugout. So Elko won 5-4. They beat Fallon Friday evening by 3 or 4 runs and then played Truckee again in the Championship game on Sat and won by 10 runs due to the mercy rule. Truckee was worn out by then. So the go to Vegas this week and play Boulder city from the south. We were planning on going down, but I have to fly to Pheoniz, AZ on sat at 5 am. So I not sure if we will go down or not to watch Erin and cody.
Erin's track team took 2nd in regional behind Spring Creek. They lost by one point. Erin's 4 x 200 relay came in 2nd behind spring creek and their 4 x 400 relay came in 3rd. She also ran the open 400 meters and took ninth place. She said her and this girl from Lowry were running side by side the entire race and she was trying so hard to beat her, she lost her running form and did not win (lost by inches she said). If she would have taken 8th place that is worth 1 point and they would have tied spring creek. She ran a 63 400 in the relay and a 65 in the open. Their 4x200 beat the school record by 2 seconds. So they did pretty well.
Well hopefully they will get them at state this week in vegas.
As I told you on the phone, I gave a Book of Mormon to that black lady who works at GBC in pahrump. She was the one I was having religous confersations with back in Jan. when I went down to Pahrump. But this past week I had to go to Round Mtn and Tonopah high school to talk about fin aid. Lee is her name, she met me there from Pahrump. We went to get a bite to eat afterwards and we had a 2 hour religious conversation. She was asking about the book of mormon etc and lots of crazy things. I told her I had a copy of the BOM for her if she wanted to read it. I told her not to believe my words, but to read it and pray about it and ask Hevenly Father. She said she would. Then she sent me that long email on Friday how she was looking up mormonism on the internet and was reading a bunch of anti mormon garbage. I have not responded to her yet but I will. I also met with the other lady who I met in January who was a member of the church, sealed in the temple but inactive. She said she attended church once but had been reading her scriptures a little and was reading her patriarchal blessing. She said every time she read her blessing, she thought of me and said to her self, I bet scott would be so proud of me. She is moving back to Louisianna in June, but she said there is a LDS church across the street from their house they are looking at. So I told her she could have a fresh start there and to take her husband with her. I think things will work out for her. She has the desires and that is the biggest thing.
Well I better let you go. Keep up the good work and keep working hard. Remember what Grandpa Nielsen said, the harder you work, the faster it goes.
We love you all,
DAD
My Sis. Nielsen,
No comments:
Post a Comment