Hola Sister Nielsen,
How has your week been? We had a good week. I got home from Arizona Tuesday night at 10 pm. It was hot there about 95 degrees. I worked 2 days and took Friday off as we usually go to Reno for Codys basketball.
But Joshua Nielsen got married to Adrian in the Draper temple so we went to that session. It was good, she is a good catch for Josh. We had a luncheon at the church afterwards. It was good. It was good to see all my family. Mom was doing really well, a lot better than last month when I was there. She went to all 3 meetings at church with us. Erin stayed home for S-day and seminary graduation. She said she did not mind if we were there or not. Cody did not go to Reno but went with us. I guess his team won the high school tourny in Reno this past weekend. But he had fun with Joe. Erin graduated with honors from seminary all 4 years and was asked to share her testimony.
It was fun visiting with all my siblings Sunday night. We had pop corn and a lot of good laughs.
And we came home yesterday afternoon. Mom said she was going to be very lonely without all of us there.
That is about all I have to report. Erin has her senior solos tonight and Chelsea is going to play for her. She is singing it's a wonderful world.
Hey, this is Chelsea now. Dad wanted me to add this little bit. You know our cousin Jason? Well his daughter Leah kept calling dad "skunk." They tried to correct her, and say, "No, it's uncle Scott." But she kept saying "Uncle Skunk." She's about 2, so it was pretty funny. We couldn't figure out if she was being funny, or if she really was trying to say Scott. But throughout the whole weekend, we kept hearing, "Uncle Skunk!"
Well have a great week. We love you and are happy you are a missionary. Oh last night after we got home we were getting unpacked and mom went shopping. and the Cubillos arrived here with the Gonzales family. They had Rolitos girl friend with them as well. But it was really good to see them. They still tell us how much they love us and how wonderful we are, etc. But the all look the same, but Rolito and Genesis are bigger now.
They had not know Adelaide, but she was being very shy and would not talk or engage with them.
Well have a super week.
Love DAD
Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
Well, we had a great visit to Utah for Josh Nielsen and his new wife Adrienne' sealing in the Draper Temple. She is a very captivating girl. She's not shy or small (5' 10"), but she is very outgoing and sharp! The first time I met her was at Grandpa Nielsen's funeral luncheon and I thought, 'I hope she becomes a member of our family, because she is really cool'. She's an RM--Brazil and quite pretty, both she and Josh are older, he 30 and she 28, so good for both of them. Cody went with us and we all went to the wedding luncheon which was really nice--yummy food, Cody was appreciative. We met Chelsea there in Ut on Friday night, so she got to be part of the festivities. She caught a ride up with Sis. Stacie King from Albuquerque. Cody spent most of the weekend with cousin Joe. We had a lot of fun on Sunday night with all the family and the popcorn party. Grandma is doing pretty well, she went to all three church meetings with us. Sharon and the brothers have been cleaning out and around grandma's house. They took four truckbeds full to the dump from the garage. We found a freezer full of boxes of old ice cream and popsicles.
Erin's track banquet was last monday night. I love Krenka's banquets-- short and sweet, literally. It was under an hour and we had a dessert buffet. Erin was recognized as a three sport athlete. If she had played varsity basketball as a frosh she would have been at 3 sport varsity all 4 years, but she told Coach Holm she would rather play JV. Summer had a field trip to the Museum last week and I went as a chaperon; they learned about the mastadon. Summer is a cute girl and sweet with her friends.
Chelsea has been here and its been a lot of fun having her here. She is trying to help me get things done, we are cleaning the little girls room today, I'm sure they can't wait.
Erin has senior solo tonight; Chelsea is playing for her. They chose to sing "What a beautiful World", you know the one from Madeline. She has had a sinus infection so I hope she feels OK. Some Seniors have boycotted on account of the bad vibe going on.
Well, I hope you had a great Memorial Day,
Love you, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment