Hello Sister Nielsen,
Well first ofall I would like to wish you a happy birthday tomorrow. I hope you have a great day. We had a good fun week with Chelsea last week. We had something going on every night so it was busy. Monday night after we got home from Utah the Cubillos showed up from Chile. I believe I told you about that last week.
Tuesday we had the senior solos. Chelsea played for Erin and she did really well. Especially as she could not breathe as she had a sinus infection. But she did not get to the Dr until Wednesday. She is still coughing and congested even though she has been on antibiotics.
We talked to one of the senior girls (the Andreaossi girl) on Sat. and she said, Erin did really well, I did not know she could sing like that. Wednesday, Summer had a 4-H activity in the park for the family with rubber ducks. We ate sub sandwiches which was nice. It was worth it for us to feed the entire family.
Thursday, we had the senior awards ceremony and I had to give out all the scholarships from Great Basin College. Erin got a $500 scholarship from GBC for 1 semester or $1000 for 2 semesters. With that and her Millenium scholarship and my huge discount on tuition she will make good money and not have to pay anything for tuition and books. She should be getting alot of $$s back. She also got the Marine award or something with looks at Athletics, Academics and musical abilities, but there was not money attached to that.
Then she got word that she was voted for the 3-Es award. I'm not sure what it is, but voted on by staff, students and faculty. We will go to that ceremony tomorrow night. Her picture was in the paper for 1 of 9 students who lettered in 3 sports this past year. Cody should have been in there as well, if he had not hurt his knee in football. That would have been neat having 2 kids out of 10 from the same family.
Friday night, Summer had a soccer game in Spring Creek and Cody had his baseball end of year banquet. He ended up 3 for 3 on varsity with 4 RBIs and 1000% batting average and 2000% slugging percentage. So that is good. He is really enjoying the weight set and putting on alot of muscle. He benched 235lbs last week in PE.
Adelaide is just as crazy as ever. She goes around singing all the time. Some of those senior solos were hard on the ears and Summer said, Adelaide can do better than that.
Sat. Carly had a soccer game and we won 14 -1 and then mom and I went to the Catholic church for George Lostras funeral. Aly and David Lostra's dad. Did you know them? I had worked with the mom alot with her's and her kids FAFSA and she came in and invited me specifically to the funeral. Afterwards everyone at the funeral went to Biltokis for lunch. It was really good and a good way to start our fast. Mercedes Macpherson from the library, that was her brother who died. So I told mom it was a good thing for us to be there. I think we were helping them in their sorrows and planting alot of seeds. Mercedes, and her family are an awesome family and they would make great members of the Lord's church.
Yesterday, the Bishop asked to meet with me and they called me to be a ward missionary. I believe I have been a ward missionary or ward mission leader for 15 years. Bishop said I was an example to everyone and they needed my help. So we are a missionary family. I told mom, I would do the missionary work whether I was called or not. It is something that just comes naturally.
Then yesterday, we cooked a pork roast in the smoker and had the missionaries over for dinner. It turned out really good. Vladamir and Carolina Mejia was visiting in church yesterday from Peru. It was good to see them, but I worry about Carolina as on facebook, all the pictures of her, she is not wearing her garments. They were suppose to come visit us last night, but never did. I wanted to talk to them about that and try to re ignite the flame. Vladamir is still doing really well. Benjamin turned 3 yesterday and he still does not talk. Carolina said her parents sent their greeting and said that they have never met such kind and loving people. She said they would never forget us.
Any way, that is this past week in a nut shell. We love you and hope you have a great successful week and a super duper birthday tomorrow. The big 22. That is one of my favorite numbers you know.
Love Dad
Happy Birthday Sis. Nielsen,
No comments:
Post a Comment