Sunday, June 16, 2013

ALhoa,

Well hello sister Nielsen,


We had a good week.  It felt like a short week.  I took days off work Monday thru Wed. as mom went to girls camp.  She got back Thurs. morning around 11:00 am.  Things went well here with me and the kids.  Erin was watching the Welches' dog for 3 days while they were in Utah dropping Landon off at the MTC.  He was a little yappy mutt in my opinion.  The kids kept saying he was an inside dog, but I did not like him inside as he would scratch the doors and I thought he would wee wee on things since he wasn't use to our surroundings.  So Monday night we had him outside and he was barking alot and bothering Chica.  I wasn't happy she said yes we would watch him.  We have watch 2 dogs in the past and they were both disasters.  The brown dog got in out house and chewed up the blinds, tore up the carpet by the back door etc.  In LA we watched Phillip White's dog for him and he tore up the carpet in our apartment trying to get out.  But when the dog was barking, I would tell Erin, go out there and shut up that dumb dog.  I said it a few times. I thought he was going to bother the neighbors.  So finally Adalaide said, I will go take care of him.  She went out side and we heard her say, "Hey dumb dog, ......"  We all had a good laugh at that.

Cody had basketball camp here in Elko Monday thru wed. from 9 to 6 pm.  Cody said all they did was conditioning most of the time.  He could barely walk when he would get home.  I was mad that we had to pay $160 for the camp and then all they did was conditioning. Camp is suppose to be fun and play games and get better at your skills, not conditioning.  Nate Klekas missed Wed. camp as he was too tired.  If that was any of the other players, Klekas would have had a fit.  Then Cody went to University of Utah for the team camps Thurs. thru Sat.  They did really well.  They beat alot of the Utah schools.  Thurs, the won 2 games and then lost to Desert Pines from Las Vegas who won the 3A state championship this year.  But they lost by a shot at the buzzer.  Friday, they beat East or West from Utah and then lost to Davis high school in double over time and sudden death.  But Cody said they had some bad calls by the refs.  Sat. they beat Payson, Roy and Springville, UT teams and then lost to Twin Falls, ID.  Davis high school was the 5A state runner up this year.  They lost to Lone Peak who was the number 1 team in the nation.

Sat.  I worked on taxes and then we went to Leonard Howes reception sat. night. Mom planted the garden on Sat.  And we all washed the cars.

Sunday, today I had a good Fathers day.  Mom gave me a pop corn maker and 2 camp hot dog cookers.  I ran into President Shumway today with the missionaries from our ward and he said he had heard I was called as a ward missionary.  I said yes that is great.  He then said to the 2 Elders, referring to me, "This is a modern day Ammon here".  I thought that is a pretty good compliment coming from President Shumway.  I will have to prove him right and really work hard to help the missionary efforts here in the 3rd ward.  We also got 2 new sister missionaries in our ward this week.  So now we have a set of Elders and Sisters.  That will be fun.

Tomorrow I have to drive to Reno for meetings all day long and then drive back tomorrow night, so I will not have time to write tomorrow.

Well I hope you have a great week.  We love you and are happy you are serving a mission.  We are planning on having a family wisdom tooth removal party soon.  What was the name of your Dentist how pulled your wisdom teeth?  We want to plan it so that mom, Cody and Erin all get their wisdom teeth removed at the same time.

We love you and pray for your success daily.  We hope you companion is feeling better an you have time to get out and work as hard as you would like.

Have a super week.

Love DAD

No comments:

Post a Comment