Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hooray for Summer!

Well I am glad that all the senior graduation events are over.  It has been a busy non-stop last 3 weeks.  This week Erin received the triple E award on Tuesday night. I don't think we had anything going on Wed.  On Thursday, Summer had a soccer game, her last and she scored a goal.  But their team lost 3-2.  After wards, we went over to Sierra Dumas' graduation party.  Got home late. On Friday night it was the graduation event, so we did not get home until 9:30 pm.  Then Erin had that senior party thing at GBC.  She won $65.00 and a computer lap pillow.  We were hoping for a lap top, but that did not happen.


Then on Sat. Carly had a soccer game at 9 and we went to 3 or 4 graduation parties.  Erin and Kylee Olson had a little one together, but not too many people showed up.  Then we went to Morgan Canepa's.  They had great food.  Catered by Machis and Biltokis.  Stuffed pasta shells, tri tip and the brown rice with shrimp and meat cut up.  We were trying to pace ourselves, but we should have ate alot there, as the rest only had finger food.  Afterwards, we went to Maddie Esplins grad party.

So we are partied out.  On Sunday, Cameron steflik had a grad / mission area gathering at his house and we went to that.  Amy was there with her husband, and the rest of their kids.  Connie also got invited over to a hispanic girl on her soccer team on sunday for her birthday.  So we went to that, thought it would be a good missionary tool if there were lots of spanish speaking.  But it was quite small as well.  

Sat. night, me Cody, Summer, Carly, Adelaide and Clancy went fishing out to Dorsey as it was free fishing day.  It was one of the best days of fishing we have ever had out there.  We caught one on our first cast and they were nice size fish, bigger than what we normally catch there.  We were there for about 2.5 hours and caught 19 fish.  It was non-stop action.  They all want to go back again.  So now we are frying fish every day to try to eat them all.

On Sunday after church Donna white got invited over for dinner to her neighbors parents house, it was Lynn Malhberg's, my boss.  Her neighbor girl plays on our soccer team and she really wanted Carly to go.  So we let her go, thinking it might be a good missionary opportunity.  Another little hispanic girl on the soccer team, they stopped by to watch Summers game after practice, and I visited with the mom in spanish the entire time.  Her mom just died on Mexico, she was only 45 years old, so I thought it might be a good time to introduce the plan of salvation.  I told her we would have to have Her and her family over for dinner.  I invited them to the spanish branch and she said that Fatima Burton had already invited her 6 months earlier, but she had been dealing with her mom in Mexico.  So we are constantly planting seeds.

Well, mom is off to girls camp this week.  She leaves tomorrow and I took a few days off to watch the kids.

Any way, we hope all is going well.  That you are able to work as hard as you desire.  May the Lord bless you for your service and obedience.  We love you.

Love DAD



Dearest Sister Nielsen,

Whew!  school is out.  I am very relieved.  It has been a good year, but I am so ready for a break from always having somewhere to be.  The last few weeks were relentless, so many banquets, awards, and concerts.  It was all good, but dinner was always on the fly and housework was all but ignored.  And after this week Girls' camp will be over and I will be able to breathe!  Dad has been sharing his emails with me so that I know what he covers so you don't get the same version from me. He covered all the grad party stuff.  Is that just in Elko, or does other cities do the weekend grad celebration BBQ's?  It seems like you could party hop all weekend.  What is graduation like in Hawaii?  We thought about it a day before Erin's graduation, that we should of had you send out a lei,  oh well.  

We had a RS salad social last wed.  I took our favorite Blue Cheese Salad.  I got that recipe at one of those RS potlucks.  Then we played a game where you picked a question out of a basket and answer it about yourself.  My question, "what is your favorite childhood memory?"  I had gone to Hawaii with my family when I was 5 yrs. old, and Disneyland a few times, but the memory that immediately came to my mind, was when I was around 4 yrs old and all the other kids were in school, my mom would take me shopping with her.  We didn't have any near by malls then, so we had to go to Sacramento, and she knew where they all were.  She was quite a shopper.  Then she would always take me to lunch, usually Hot Dog on a Stick. We would each get a corn dog and an Orange Julius, and sit together and talk.  I felt like one of her girlfriends, and she told me I would say,"Okay, let's talk, what do you want to talk about?"  She made me feel special and I always remembered that.

Thursday was Carly's last soccer practice,  The other coach of the team that also uses the fields at the same time we do, and I,  decided we would do our end of season party together the last half of practice.  We scrimmaged first then had Little Caesars Pizza. It was great, no extra time spent planning an end of season party.  Our last game was Sat.  Carly had one goal, our team won 11-0, I had a hard time holding them back.  But, one little girl made her first goal, so I was happy about that.

Friday, after school got out Sis. Halls wanted to take us (the little girls and I) to McDonalds to lunch.  She is so sweet to us.

Sunday, we went to Landon's farewell talk.  It was really good. He and Whitney sang a song together, "Just one Voice" (from  EFY ?) She has a really pretty voice and his is nice too.  Afterwards there were so many tears as all these girls lined up to hug Landon.  It was almost comical.  You'd think he was going off to the real army instead of God's Army.  Tiffani Platt was there, weird huh?  He was set apart right after that, and then it was off to SLC.  Erin is watching their dog for them.  "Thor"  is a little Shitzu.  He's cute, but kind of yappy and dad was getting annoyed by it.  He kept saying,"take care of your dumb dog Erin".  "Get that Dumb Dog out of the house"  It was out side barking and dad told Erin to make that "dumb dog" be quiet.  So, Adelaide said she would do it, so she goes out there and says, "Hey dumb dog be quiet" .  Addie  came inside and  Dad said "Merci beaucoup" and she answered and said, "I don't need to go poop!"

I go to camp tomorrow,  Erin is coming up to teach the ward craft-- which is a gecko (Pascal) beaded key chain since the princess for our ward is Rapunzel.
Should be a lot of fun.
I hope you are doing great, we love your letters.  Keep up your awesome work!
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment