Hello Sister Nielsen,
How was you week? Were you able to attend the world wide training session yesterday? We ( Con, Cody, Erin and Me) went to it and I thought it was great. I loved all the video segments, the conversion story and the teaching we received. That will be wierd to have missionaries on facebook, etc. I better learn how to use it.
We had typical week. Not too much of any excitement. Cody went to Boise, ID thurs thru sat for a bball tourney. I believe they went 6 and 1. The team they lost to was the Idaho State 5A runner up last year. So it appears they are doing well. Klekas bothers me, the way he acts. I guess in 1 of their games for warm ups, Cody did not touch the half court mark, and Klekas did not play him the entire 1st half and 1/2 through the 2nd half. Then he started yelling at him on the bench, saying that he does not respect him as a coach, etc. Did someone not tell him you have to earn respect??? Any way, that ticked me off, here we are paying lots of money for these 'team camps' and then he does not play him for not touching the half court line. Some times I feel like just telling Cody to bag basketball and concentrate on the other sports.
I was listening to a general conference from April 2004 last week and came across this story and really like it. It has to do with Sister missionaries, so I thought you would like it. The talk is from D. Todd Christopherson. It is about members coming converted to the gospel, entitled "When thou art converted".
In 1992 two sister missionaries in Zagreb, Croatia, were returning to their apartment one evening. Their last teaching appointment had been some distance away, and it was getting dark. Several men on the trolley made crude comments and became rather menacing. Feeling threatened, the sisters got off the trolley at the next stop just as the doors closed so no one could follow them. Having avoided that problem, they realized they were in a place unknown to either of them. As they turned to look for help, they saw a woman. The missionaries explained that they were lost and asked the woman if she could direct them. She knew where they could find another trolley to take them home and invited them to follow her. On the way they had to pass a bar with patrons sitting along the sidewalk in the gathering darkness. These men also appeared threatening. Nevertheless, the two young women had the distinct impression that the men could not see them. They walked by, apparently invisible to those who might have had a mind to harm them. When the sisters and their guide reached the stop, the trolley they needed was just arriving. They turned to thank the woman, but she was nowhere to be seen. 18
These missionaries were furnished a guide and other blessings to protect them physically. As you become converted, you will have comparable protections to keep you from temptation and deliver you from evil. 19 Sometimes evil will not find you. Sometimes you will be protected when evil is made invisible to you. Even when you must confront it directly, you will do so with faith, not fear.
We had the 2 new sister missionaries over for dinner yesterday. They are really nice. Yesterday was a crazy busy day. I had missionary correlation meeting at 8:30 am, church at 11:00 and the leadership meeting at 3:00, the sister missionaries over for dinner at 5:00 and then an Eagle court of honor for Brendan Smith at 7:00, and FHE at 8:30.
Cody left for scout camp this morning. So I was smoking jerky late last night and early this morning. He will be gone all week, comes home friday night and leave for a bball camp to Gonzaga, Sat. morning. We are going to Cal, for Sarah Croft's wedding reception this weekend. So we will not see him for a week and a half.
Erin starts a new job tonight at Costa Vida?? A mexican fast food joint new in town. So she will not go to Cal with us either.
I drew an elk depredation tag and a deer tag this year, and Cody got a deer tag. My elk tag is in the Ruby Mtns so I need to start scouting, it opens Aug. 1st.
Well have a super duper week. We love you and pray for you daily. It will be interesting to see how the new president runs things.
Love Dad
Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
I'm glad to hear crusty Carl got baptized, keep up your awesome efforts. We love you so much and love bragging about you. We don't know why you feel like you haven't paid us enough attention on birthdays etc. We are Nielsens--other things are more important.
No comments:
Post a Comment