Hello Sister Nielsen,
We are in California visiting Con's parents this week. So I am just getting around to writing you. This past week went by very fast. I was trying to get everything done at work in order to take a week off for our California trip. I was only suppose to work 1/2 day on wed. and I ended up working 9 am to 8 pm with out a break or lunch. Thurs. and Friday were days I signed up to use as vacation days as well, but ended up working 1/2 day on Thurs. But I believe I got everything that I had to get done, done. So we left Elko Thurs. about 2 pm and got here a little after 8 pm. It is very hot here and every where here in the West. Sacramento got up to 107 and 108 and it is suppose to be close to that every day this week. Death Valley recorded the hottest temperature ever recorded on earth over 100 years ago and that was 134. Death valley hit 130 yesterday, so a 100 year old record might be getting broken. Grandpa and Grandma do not have air conditioning so we are all suffering from the heat. I have to get in the pool 3 times a day just to cool off.
In grandma's ward yesterday, there was a newly called mission president and his wife going to Mongolia tomorrow. The president was 36 and his wife was 34 year old. Very young with small children. That would be a neat experience. You are probably now working under your new president. Have you met him yet? I always like change, I think it is good, keeps things new and exciting.
Grandma Croft does not cook as much now. She just does not feel up to it and gets tired really easy. But I like it better when she does not cook. I think it is better that we all just enjoy her company.
Eric Sandall got home from his mission this past week and gave his report yesterday. Erin said it was very good. I am sorry we missed it.
Cody spent the week at scout camp, hiking up 8 miles to some lake in the Ruby Mountains. I guess they got rained on and it was a cold experience. He got home friday night and left sat morning for a week to Gonzaga basketball camp. So we won't see him for a week. Erin stayed home as well for work and to take care of Chica.
I was going to mention in my last letter that I don't want you worrying about bdays, fathers day etc. I don't expect any thing from you except to concentrate on the work. All that other stuff you can worry about when you get home. We want you focused on your mission and the work.
Well I hope you have a super week. That every thing goes well with you and your comp. When are the next transfers? We love you and are happy you are a missionary. Adalaide is really cute and saying lots of funny things. Today we went to the dollar store here and I picked up a play sword and pointed it at Addy and said on-guard. and she said, "Hey, put that back!!!" She is telling us how to act.
Summer and Carly are spending about 6 hours a day in the pool. They are loving it. Carly still has not jumped off the diving board but we are working toward that. I don't sleep very well with the heat as it never cools down at night. I like Elko's evenings.
Well take care we love you.
Dad
My Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
Aloha! We are here in California, visiting G&G Croft. It is very hot! It is expected to be 105 today. The pool is getting used nearly all day, except when we are watching movies. Carly and Summer are doing really well. Summer is practicing her diving and Carly is working up enough courage to jump off the diving board. She is very comfortable in the shallow end, but we are trying to work around the edge of the pool, jumping off the side, edging ever closer to the deep end, and then finally the board. Do you remember your first time jumping in off the board? Its kind of a big deal; takes some guts.
Addie is wearing a life jacket and is having fun paddling all over the pool. I'm trying to get her to jump in all by herself on the shallow end. Grandma is doing OK. I am helping a lot with the cooking. She just doesn't feel like she has the energy. After she got her cancer out, she got shingles. Its a disease, caused from the chicken pox virus, and will usually flair up when something stressful triggers it. Its red and really itchy, and it's driving her crazy. It has really zapped all her ambition. She gets worn out really fast. Gramps is doing fine, he's slowing down too, but still has a lot of "air" to share with the little girls.
Sarah's reception was really nice. They had it outside at Curt and Betsy's new place that they have fixed up to be really beautiful. They had a breakfast, it started at 8am and went to 11am. they served crepes: one was sweet with berries and cream, the other was savory with meats and cheeses. We ate on these old wood tables that Betsy had bought off Craig's List, so it had a real country casual feel. It looked like it could have been featured in a magazine spread. Sarah did the art design on her invitations. Her husband seems really nice. He's kind of short too, so they look like a perfect little couple. I videoed them them cutting the cake and got Sarah rubbing chocolate into Alex's cheeks.
I wish Erin could be here, but she taking care of things at home. She went to Eric Sandalls return home talk yesterday and said it was "WAY good". I was sorry to miss it. We talked to some Elders at the reception in Calif. and they knew him, and he had just left days before.
We are planning on going to the Sacramento Temple tomorrow, then to Costco.
How is the new Mission Pres.? Happy 11mos. anniversary today! Have a fantastic week, we love you sooo much,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment