Hello Sister Nielsen,
Well by Thursday, you will have completed 1 year. That is crazy. The last 6 months will go faster than the others as well. Make sure you work hard and you treasure and enjoy every minute. This is a special time in your life unlike all others.
This was a normal week for me. I just worked all week and tried to do taxes in the evenings. Nothing special. Cody went out with the missionaries a couple times this week. Saturday, Summer had an 4-H activity at angel park, sliding down the hill in plastic bags on other plastic with ice cream. It was fun. Carly and Adelaide did not do it. But mom, Erin, Cody, Summer and I did and it was fun. Then the sister missionaries in the 1st ward called Cody and said that they had taught Whitney, (Cody's friend) a couple of times and that they felt good about her and that she needed to attend church for a miracle to happen. So Cody texted her and invited her to church and she said yes. And we were feeding the sisters and Elders today and invited Whitney to eat with us. So she came to church with us today, and Adelaide really likes her, so she was sitting on her lap the entire time and giving her hugs. But she said she liked it and felt really comfortable there, unlike the other churches she had ever attended before. Also, the high council man and his family that talked in our ward, she knew them. She had played softball with their daughter and their parents were friends. I had seen them before but did not know what his name was though. Do you think that was a coincidence? I don't believe so. Any way she ate dinner with us and prayed with our family etc. I think she really liked it. After she left, she texted Cody and said something to the affect 'so are we going again next week'? Cody replied, I was already planning on it. That is pretty exciting. I believe she meets with the sisters again on Thursday. Her boss at spoon me is LDS and he is the one who sent the missionaries over to visit with her. Her last day at work was on Thursday and her boss gave her a Book of Mormon. So she is getting worked on at all levels. She told Cody one of the girls on her college softball team is LDS as she has pictures of temples etc on her facebook page, so she is excited about that. Nothing is by coincidence with the Lord. His hand and timing is in all things. But I find this all interesting as both you and mom had feelings about her. I guess her older brother investigated the church a few years before but her grandma was not happy as she is very Catholic. She goes to college on the 15th of Aug, so we will have to do all we can before that.
Tomorrow, we have to get up at 4 am do the papers and head to Salt Lake. We have an appointment for Erin to get his wisdom teeth out as she can put in her missionary papers in 2 weeks. We are going to the same place where you got yours out. We will see if cody and mom can get theirs out as well. It might be the only time we can get over there before school starts.
We talked to Ardis Jensen this week on the phone. She is very happy you are on the big island. She said she met the couple missionary that is there and president and sister Dalton. She said they helped feed them at one of their meetings in december.
I just heard on the news that there is a tropical storm hitting the big island. Are you getting a lot of rain?
Well we love you and always pray for you. Have a super week.
Love DAD
My Dearest Sis. Nielsen,
We have had a pretty great week and I am excited to share it with you. Well, I had my bookclub on thurs. We did it under a canopy in the back yard. It was simple, but had a tropical feel. I had Hawaiian music playing in the back ground and served the menu I told you about. Everyone liked everything. Summer and Carly served. Erin and Cody helped with getting things ready. Sis. Talbot had a box of cheesy Luau decorations and stuff that she let me borrow, but that wasn't the look I was going for, but the kids sure had fun wearing the grass skirts and leis. Erin and Cody took some funny pictures with Cody sporting a coconut bra. She also took one of Carly that is really beautiful wearing a Lei on her head like a crown. I told her we need to send them to you.
The Sis. missionaries from the first ward called Cody about Whitney. I guess they have met with her and are going to teach her. They asked him to invite her to church on Sunday because they have a really good feeling about her. He texted her and she readily accepted. I really like this girl. I know she hasn't always felt that, because we try and restrict his contact with her, but she has a beautiful smile and a genuine sweet spirit. I look at her and I can picture her as a missionary, with a little satchel in cute missionary clothes, beaming that radiant smile. Is that just me? or could there be something of a miracle happening? I wasn't nervous at all at church, usually you want things to go so perfectly when you bring an investigator, but it felt like normal, like it felt normal for her to be there. The HC speaker was actually someone she knew. Sis. Portrey gave her a hug, because she worked with her a lot in Home Ec. Then we had shrimp Louis for dinner with the Elders and Sisters over and she stayed for dinner. There was of course the usual church chatter and good stories were shared. She is planning on coming next week too! I've been praying like you said, but we'll take yours too.
My Mom said she got a call from my old boyfriend from HS (He's still close with my family and is actually in Curt and Betsy's ward) He was traveling back from a construction job and called to make the hours go by faster. He got baptized when I was 17 and after a year went on a mission and later got married in the temple. He said that it was the 31st anniversary of the day he got baptized. He said he was really happy about that decision, and that if he didn't have the church he probably would be just like his Dad and brother (and he's glad he's not). I love the miracle of the atonement and how people change.
We got up early this morning and came over to Ut and Erin and I got our wisdom teeth out! yeah, finally. We went to the same place that you did. Cody's weren't ready to come out, so he will have to wait. Erin had 4 and I had 3. she is in a lot more pain than I am. I guess getting back to your normal routine a day after a C- section makes you able to handle pain better. She's a bit more swollen too.
Ardis Jensen called us after reading your blog. she is really excited about you being on the Big Island. she could relate to everything you said about it. She said you went from one extreme to the other, that where you are serving is about the most opposite from where you were serving previously. She got you email address, so I bet you hear from her.
Hold on tight to a coconut tree, I heard you're in for a doozy of a storm. I love you sooo much,
Love , Mom PS, I got you shirts not camisoles. I will mail it tomorrow :)
We have had a pretty great week and I am excited to share it with you. Well, I had my bookclub on thurs. We did it under a canopy in the back yard. It was simple, but had a tropical feel. I had Hawaiian music playing in the back ground and served the menu I told you about. Everyone liked everything. Summer and Carly served. Erin and Cody helped with getting things ready. Sis. Talbot had a box of cheesy Luau decorations and stuff that she let me borrow, but that wasn't the look I was going for, but the kids sure had fun wearing the grass skirts and leis. Erin and Cody took some funny pictures with Cody sporting a coconut bra. She also took one of Carly that is really beautiful wearing a Lei on her head like a crown. I told her we need to send them to you.
The Sis. missionaries from the first ward called Cody about Whitney. I guess they have met with her and are going to teach her. They asked him to invite her to church on Sunday because they have a really good feeling about her. He texted her and she readily accepted. I really like this girl. I know she hasn't always felt that, because we try and restrict his contact with her, but she has a beautiful smile and a genuine sweet spirit. I look at her and I can picture her as a missionary, with a little satchel in cute missionary clothes, beaming that radiant smile. Is that just me? or could there be something of a miracle happening? I wasn't nervous at all at church, usually you want things to go so perfectly when you bring an investigator, but it felt like normal, like it felt normal for her to be there. The HC speaker was actually someone she knew. Sis. Portrey gave her a hug, because she worked with her a lot in Home Ec. Then we had shrimp Louis for dinner with the Elders and Sisters over and she stayed for dinner. There was of course the usual church chatter and good stories were shared. She is planning on coming next week too! I've been praying like you said, but we'll take yours too.
My Mom said she got a call from my old boyfriend from HS (He's still close with my family and is actually in Curt and Betsy's ward) He was traveling back from a construction job and called to make the hours go by faster. He got baptized when I was 17 and after a year went on a mission and later got married in the temple. He said that it was the 31st anniversary of the day he got baptized. He said he was really happy about that decision, and that if he didn't have the church he probably would be just like his Dad and brother (and he's glad he's not). I love the miracle of the atonement and how people change.
We got up early this morning and came over to Ut and Erin and I got our wisdom teeth out! yeah, finally. We went to the same place that you did. Cody's weren't ready to come out, so he will have to wait. Erin had 4 and I had 3. she is in a lot more pain than I am. I guess getting back to your normal routine a day after a C- section makes you able to handle pain better. She's a bit more swollen too.
Ardis Jensen called us after reading your blog. she is really excited about you being on the Big Island. she could relate to everything you said about it. She said you went from one extreme to the other, that where you are serving is about the most opposite from where you were serving previously. She got you email address, so I bet you hear from her.
Hold on tight to a coconut tree, I heard you're in for a doozy of a storm. I love you sooo much,
Love , Mom PS, I got you shirts not camisoles. I will mail it tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment