Monday, March 10, 2014

Cruising Along

Hola Hermana Nielsen,


I am writing you from Las Vegas where is was 82 degrees yesterday.  We drove down yesterday.  We left at 7 am and tried to catch church on the way down.  We stopped in at Mcgill, NV and missed the sacrament by 5 minutes, we stopped in Ely and missed theirs as well.  So we continued on to Alamo and got there at 12 pm and their meetings started at 12:30.  So we were able to catch the meetings.  President Sharp and his wife were in that ward.  It was good to see them.

I am at a Hueg conference until Thursday.  It is a conference to teach us more about our system software at the college.  

Well I guess Serima Thompson got baptized on Sat.  She had told us 6 pm and we showed up at 6 and all the baptisms were done for the day.  Someone told us an 18 year old got baptized at 4 that day.  

Cody was in Reno playing baseball.  I guess he went 0 for 4 or 5 and they lost both games.  Whitney came home for spring break and flew into Reno to surprise him and then they came home with the Jonas family.

Whitney will get her patriarchal blessing tonight.  And Cody will get his next Sunday.

Elder Santf and his 2 AP companions stopped by the house on Wed. night.  They were here for a zone conference and he will be going home in 3 weeks.  It was good to see him and Amber met him for the first time.

Amber has been going out with the sister missionaries a couple times a day.  She still likes being a missionary.  She had a job lined up for this week, and we think that might have fallen through.  It was a 6 week grant working with the juvenile delinquents, but the guy called her last week and said they wanted 5 kids, but they only have 3 so far at this point. 

Well I can't think of much else happening this week.  Keep praying and being obedient in all things and the Lord will bless you.  I am sure of that.

We love  you and pray for you daily.  Have a super day and week.
Love you,
DAD






Hola Hermana Nielsen!

 
How are you doing?  Your letter last week, where you have to go around knocking on doors to get people to get up and go to church, reminded me of Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen's mission in Sascatchawan, Canada.  They worked with a lot of the "Natives" which were Indians, and they were the same way.  They needed a lot of prodding.  Are you learning from all these experiences?  Patience probably.
 I am writing to you from the library.  We have been having problems with our internet at home.  Dad was on the phone with them for quite awhile on Fri. trying to figure out the problem, he was not a happy customer because it was "super friday"  the big trading day and the connection kept going out.
On Wed. we had our RS Birthday dinner, and that went well.  We served potato soup and had people bring rolls and  salad.
Amber has been able to go out with the Sister missionaries about once a day.  She seems to really enjoy that and they love having her go with them.  They should just make them a threesome and I think everyone would be happy.
Elder Sanft and his 2 other APs came over to visit us on Thurs. night.  He extended his mission for a transfer, so I think he goes home Apr. 1st.  They had zone conference the next morning.  It was great to see him, Cody and Dad always make him laugh, and its a fun time.  Amber got back from going out with the Sisters and she walks in and here's three missionaries all sitting on the couch--two polys. I think it was a nice surprise.  She got to talk about her mission and where she served, because Elder Sanft and Elder Maupu where both from Laie. 
We had planned to go to Serima's baptism. but we didn't get the memo about the time being changed. So, since we were all dressed up Dad, Amber and I did the next best thing  and went out missionarying.  We decided to go visit the Aquinos, since they are all not very active, and because we thought they would like to hear about you being called to Peru.  It was a good visit, Dad invited them to return to church.
Lenny came over and visited us after we got home.  He is awesome.  I think he is having a hard time with missing being a missionary, but her is so solid.  His family didn't write him that much and he said  Anton Langer got married in the Bountiful Temple. No one here really knew about it. Amber, Cody, Whitney and I went and heard him speak in his ward homecoming talk.  He is a really powerful speaker.   Steven Johnson was there with his fiance.  She is really cute.  She is from NY, but her heritage from Trinadad .  She is very dark skinned with a big bright white smile. Lenny said he  was thinking of transferring to BYU and applying to work at the MTC.
Cody went out with the Zone leaders last night, and then I went out and picked them all up and took them home, and they said Cody was going to be an awesome missionary some day/.  They thanked me for raising such  a missionary oriented family.
Whitney came for dinner and I also invited the McEntires since they are moving to UT and this was there last sunday.  They remembered when they first moved into the ward and we invite them to dinner on their first sunday.  It just seemed  to complete the circle.
Well, keep working hard, and do your best.  I love you,
Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment