Hola Hermana Nielsen,
How is the spanish coming along? We hope that you are able to understand and speak everything that your heart desires. Did you feel that 6.8 earthquake yesterday off the coast of Chile? We had a good week here.
I was down in Las Vegas Sun through Wed. for training on our computer software. I got home wed. about 7:15 pm and the Elders called me and wanted me to go out with them at 8 pm. I had called 2 youth speakers to speak this sunday and they both bailed on me, so I told the Elders, that I would go on splits if they would speak on Sunday and they agreed. I think that was a good trade off. However, on Sunday, the 1st Elder spoke for 25 minutes and did not leave us much time for the high councilman so we told the Elder he would have to speak another time.
Sierra Atoa got baptized on Sat. It was a great baptism, all of her family were there and many other non-member high school kids. She asked me to speak on the Holy Ghost. She was really happy and I asked her how she felt and she told me "amazing". It is fun seeing all these young men and women embrace the gospel.
Amber drove the camry to twin falls on Friday to go to the temple and visit her old roommates from Twin Falls. She got home Sat. but missed the baptism. She still has not found a job, so I am not sure what she plans to do for college with no $$$.
On Sat. night we had a ward activity and had a Chile Cook off. It was good and we had quit a few people there. Cody went to Boise on Friday morning for baseball. They played 2 games on Friday and 2 on Sat. The won both on Friday and split the 2 on Sat. I think Cody was 2 for 5 on Friday and I don't remember how he did on Sat.
Well we hope you have a great week. Cody and the group leave for Florida in 2 weeks. Alex Jordan put in his mission papers so he will get his call probably next week.
Amber spoke in the 5th ward meetings yesterday with the high councilor.
I can't think of much else that is happening on this end. I was able to fix the internet on Friday night. We had a service person come out and try to fix it and he said he could not fix it, so we were left on our own. I look up a few videos on youtube and found one and took 2 pages of notes and came home and fixed it Friday night. I am starting to love you tube for fix it videos.
Que tenga una buene semana. We love and pray for you every day. Have a super week and be obedient to everything. Oh also, last night Cody got his patriarchal blessing and it was really good. Whitney got hers last Monday, but I was in Las Vegas. Mom and Amber said hers was amazing as well.
Love you,
Dad
Dearest Hermana Nielsen,
Well, I thought of you as I was opening up the Lucky Charms cereal this morning for breakfast. Carly was really excited, she had been begging for me to let her have some for a while and I said, not until St. Pat's. Day. Adelaide was happy about it too, only I think all she did was pick out the marshmallow charms. She had a big bowl of just cereal left. Do they celebrate that holiday there?
We have had a wonderful week. Monday, Whitney received her Patriarchal Blessing, from Patriarch Eardley. Amber, Cody and I went with her. It was really a wonderful blessing. One thing that really stood out to me was he said she'd loved being in our Heavenly parents presence, and he expressed their love for her. He said also that she was born into a righteous family--so there hope for her Dad. Dad was in Vegas with work, so he wasn't able to attend. Our internet hasn't been working and since he was out of town for 4 days there wasn't any progress in fixing the problem. When he got home he got them to send out a repairman and he said we were getting internet into the home, but for some reason the router wasn't transmitting the wireless signal. He thought we needed a new router--Dad didn't think so. Soooo, he got on Utube and once again figured out the problem and was able to reinstall our old router, and now we are back online! He's becoming "Mr. Handy".
Amber went to Twin Falls on Fri. morning to go to the Temple and stay/visit with old roomies from college. She took the Camry and we all hoped it would make it with pretty worn out tires but everything seemed to be OK.
Sierra Atoa got baptized on Sat. night. There was a lot of support for her. Dad gave the talk of the Holy Ghost and did a good job. Whitney couldn't be there because she had to go back to school. She wasn't very happy about it, but her coach said her scholarship would be in jeopardy if she didn't. Afterwards, our ward had a chili cook off ward dinner/activity. Vivian Neff was there and she sat by us and filled us in on the teen scene. She is a fun girl. Eric Sandall was in town and called Amber and they went out on a "Catchin' up Date" to Spoon Me.
Amber spoke in the 5th ward on Sunday with Bish. Winegar who was the High Council speaker. Cody got his Patriarchal blessing on Sun. night. His was quite amazing too. It said a lot about being a leader and that he had advocated for Jesus' plan in the pre-existance, and having the missionary spirit. Lots of good stuff. Dad turned the big 5 0 yesterday. I made his favorite casserole and we had carmel heath bar cake. Good times.
Random Info:
Hernald Kinsel is engaged! He is getting married in May to a gal who is near 40 yrs old, an RM, a lawyer and never been married before. Romney Goulding is doing track. I think they are trying to see if she can learn to hurdle. She just wanted to do something with her friends her senior year and she didn't want to be left home on all the track trips. The Choralier trip is coming up and they are all looking forward to Florida and the amusement parks.
I forgot to tell you something funny Adelaide said the week before last. We were in my bathroom washing our face and brushing our teeth and she noticed the blue veins that are very visible on the side of her face by her temple and she said, "I got a map on my head". I think she had learned about maps in preschool.
I hope you are doing well, did you feel the earthquake that hit off the coast of Chile? We pray for you always,
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment